???Best Place for Record Shopping???

DJxREMARKABLEDJxREMARKABLE 53 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
for those of you who got a chance to travel and do some record shopping. which city/state is the best for record shopping (hip hop/rap/gangsta rap vinyl)??? POST POST POST!!!

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Motor City Records in Detroit .....they got HEAT yo! mad reasonable prices too

up[/b]

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Barging in here like that with six question marks can be considered

Dude, introduce yourself first. These guys can be a bit touchy on the etiquette.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Oh, and the Bay has been best for me so far. I don't really have anything else to compare it to though.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Motor City Records in Detroit .....they got HEAT yo! mad reasonable prices too

up[/b]
    LOL

• for those of you who got a chance to travel and do some record shopping. which city/state is the best for record shopping (hip hop/rap/gangsta rap vinyl)??? POST POST POST!!!

best place in LA is Kevin's spot. Ask about "the program"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    THIS IS FOR THA G's

THIS IS FOR THA HUSTLAHS

THIS IS FOR THA HUSTLAHS

AND THIS IS FOR THA G's

THIS IS FOR THA G's

THIS IS FOR THA HUSTLAHS

THIS IS FOR THA HUSTLAHS

AND THIS IS FOR THA G's

THIS IS FOR THA G's

THIS IS FOR THA HUSTLAHS

THIS IS FOR THA HUSTLAHS

AND THIS IS FOR THA G's

i swear one day dude is gonna come out of lukerland and son the fuck outta every last one of us..........

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    i swear one day dude is gonna come out of lukerland and son the fuck outta every last one of us..........

Who Kevin? That dude is comedy!

• Barging in here like that with six question marks can be considered

Dude, introduce yourself first. These guys can be a bit touchy on the etiquette.

whoa. i didnt know a personal introduction was needed on this site. but i guess ill just introduce myself on this post.

My name is DJ REMARKABLE and im from the Bay Area, Northern Cali. ive been DJing for about 5 years now but ive been collecting music for about 10 years. i collect Hip Hop, R&B, Soul, Reggae/Dancehall, Jungle/DnB, but i MOSTLY collect Bay Area Rap vinyl. i joined this site hoping to trade with other record collectors. not sure what else i need to say but feel free to ask if you have any questions.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    for those of you who got a chance to travel and do some record shopping. which city/state is the best for record shopping (hip hop/rap/gangsta rap vinyl)??? POST POST POST!!!

Get your WEIGHT up and go to Tokyo Japan. ALL the records are in Tokyo mayne.

Who Kevin? That dude is comedy!

yes and yes

Barging in here like that with six question marks can be considered

whoa. i didnt know a personal introduction was needed on this site. but i guess ill just introduce myself on this post.

My name is DJ REMARKABLE and im from the Bay Area, Northern Cali. ive been DJing for about 5 years now but ive been collecting music for about 10 years. i collect Hip Hop, R&B, Soul, Reggae/Dancehall, Jungle/DnB, but i MOSTLY collect Bay Area Rap vinyl. i joined this site hoping to trade with other record collectors. not sure what else i need to say but feel free to ask if you have any questions.

is your name Mark ?

• Get your WEIGHT up and go to Tokyo Japan. ALL the records are in Tokyo mayne.

haha yeah i can believe you on that one. My boy from Japan said theres record stores on almost every street. he said its hard to find rare records there now.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

19th and Racine, Chicago IL.

• Barging in here like that with six question marks can be considered

is your name Mark ?

my name is Remar (ray-mar)

..........welcome to soulstrut

• hey remar

• btw~ hugh e mc and dj x-1 are playing studio Z here in SF june 1st (first time in 13 years!)...along with Dre Dog/Mike Marshall, etc.

• ..........welcome to soulstrut

thanks. everybody here seems to be real cool.

• hey remar

wow, is the whole Mack Lew LP album? or is that a single?

• one is the lp, the other is 5 versions of Danger Zone.

• where did you find that Mack Lew LP at? haha what other rare bay rap vinyl do you have? i gotta browse through your collection one day so that way i know what to dig for hahaha

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

perhaps not ALL the records are there, but quite a lot. spend some time and you will find plenty of bargain stuff. rare records, especially if found in the well known Shibuya area, are usually also pricey. the special sales at the various diskunion stores are ace! last time I found quite a lot of "usual" hip-hop golden age OG copies for a very reasonable price. Tokyo is highly recommended and the best place I know for records!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    DJ REMARKABLE and im from the Bay Area...feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Do you know the way to san jose, Bitch!?
    Ive been away so long. I may go wrong and lose my way.
    Im going back to find some peace of mind in san jose, Bitch!

L.a. is a great big freeway.
    Put a hundred down and buy a car.
    In a week, maybe two, theyll make you a star
    Weeks turn into years. how quck they pass
    And all the stars that never were
    Are parking cars and pumping gas

Theyve got a lot of space. therell be a place where I can stay
    I was born and raised in san jose, Bitch!
    Im going back to find some peace of mind in san jose, Bitch!

Fame and fortune is a magnet.
    It can pull you far away from home
    With a dream in your heart youre never alone.
    Dreams turn into dust and blow away
    And there you are without a friend
    You pack your car and ride away

Ive got lots of friends in san jose, Bitch!
    Do you know the way to san jose, Bitch!
    Cant wait to get back to san jose, Bitch!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    btw~ hugh e mc and dj x-1 are playing studio Z here in SF june 1st (first time in 13 years!)...along with Dre Dog/Mike Marshall, etc.

you need to find yourselves up at classic bowl on mondays! saw san quinn a couple weeks back. mister fab this past monday as well. dont forget your lumpia and beer!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    everybody here seems to be real cool.

you couldnt be farther from the truth my friend. just stick around.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

haha yeah i can believe you on that one. My boy from Japan said theres record stores on almost every street. he said its hard to find rare records there now.

remar dude, YOU SOLD alot of those records to those dudes who own the record stores in japan

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

real speak.

there's raer for days

• btw~ hugh e mc and dj x-1 are playing studio Z here in SF june 1st (first time in 13 years!)...along with Dre Dog/Mike Marshall, etc.

you need to find yourselves up at classic bowl on mondays! saw san quinn a couple weeks back. mister fab this past monday as well. dont forget your lumpia and beer!

daly city?

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    My name is DJ REMARKABLE and im from the Bay Area, Northern Cali.

Welcome to the board, I see you're from the Bay so no need to tell you that San Jose sucks and there's no records in the 408.