Is "The Shield" Back?

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I know there are a lot of "Shield" fans here so I thought I'd post this here.

For me, this season has been sort of a let down. There have been one or two stories that have caught my attention, but overall the episodes haven't really been that rewarding for me this new season. I tried to have an open mind about Glenn Close, but she's too much of an avenging angel type character for me to really like. She's all tough on the home seizers and goes to see the victims in the hospital in her after hours? Please!

Anyway, tonight's episode was the first one that I was really into and the preview of the next show looks hot.

What are your opinons?

Comments

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I thought this was about Kevin Shield... Is he back?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I know there are a lot of "Shield" fans here so I thought I'd post this here.

For me, this season has been sort of a let down. There have been one or two stories that have caught my attention, but overall the episodes haven't really been that rewarding for me this new season. I tried to have an open mind about Glenn Close, but she's too much of an avenging angel type character for me to really like. She's all tough on the home seizers and goes to see the victims in the hospital in her after hours? Please!

Anyway, tonight's episode was the first one that I was really into and the preview of the next show looks hot.

What are your opinons?

I've watched every episode this season and so far it's been just as good as the last 2 IMO. I didn't see last night's episode (Tivo, baby paw) so i'll have to give my review after tonight.

I felt the whole thing with Shane and Vic was pretty anti-climactic, but I think Glen Close is a good actor despite the storyline.

I'm also waiting for the other shoe to drop with Aceveda. Dude is bugging out in a major way after his chupa chupa experience.

I rarely watch TV, but this show I watch every week without fail. So to those that haven't seen it, go buy season 1 and 2 on DVD!

• I've watched every episode this season and so far it's been just as good as the last 2

I'm also waiting for the other shoe to drop with Aceveda. Dude is bugging out in a major way after his chupa chupa experience.

I rarely watch TV, but this show I watch every week without fail.

my roomate in college got me hooked on this show. i try not to miss it but its been so nice out lately i gotta go out.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Honestly, I thought that last season was a bit of a letdown. I mean, it was decent, but overall it just seemed like a bit of a down year. I've honestly enjoyed this season a hell of a lot more and after this week's episode I can't wait for next week's 90-minute episode. I don't watch a whole lot of TV these days, but the shows I do watch are all basically done until the fall so I'm liking still having new episodes of The Shield to watch. I personally rank this show as probably my favorite since perhaps "Homicide: Life On The Streets" which is my favorite TV drama ever.