Beautiful Piano Melodies and Singing

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I can't stress enough how much I love songs that have beautiful piano melodies. Ones that get me every time are:

Beatles- In My Life[/b] (that piano interlude is one of my favorites.)
Brick- Hello[/b] (that buildup intro into the song is lovely, as is the accompaniment throughout.)
Marcos Valle- She told me, she told me [/b] (both intro and interlude piano melodies are amazing....)

just goes to show, nothing really beats simple compositions and great song-writing. plaese to suggest me more!

Comments

• Fugazi "I'm So Tired" off the "Instrument" soundtrack.
    Not what you'd expect from Fugazi, but it's such a rad song - just piano and Ian MacKaye singing.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    coolness! i'll make sure to check that out. keep 'em coming.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I always wished that end part of that Nine Ince Nails Song was longer.(forget the name but the chorus is "I Wanna Fuck you Like An Aminal"). that piano at the end is so haunting and beuatiful. If someone hasn't sampled it they need to just so I can hear it for more than 15 seconds at a time

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I always wished that end part of that Nine Ince Nails Song was longer.(forget the name but the chorus is "I Wanna Fuck you Like An Aminal"). that piano at the end is so haunting and beuatiful. If someone hasn't sampled it they need to just so I can hear it for more than 15 seconds at a time

You mean "Closer"

in that vein, peep the end of Faith No More - What Is It

FISH FLOPPIN' FOR DAYZ

goes well with Julianne Moore in Todd Haynes' SAFE

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

You mean "Closer"

in that vein, peep the original gangstaz of that steelo:
    the end of Faith No More - What Is It

FISH FLOPPIN' FOR DAYZ

yerp

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Sorry no singng on this one but the last track on Labradford's album "mi media naranja" is beautiful.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    just about every Labradford LP I've heard is filled with beautifl melodies....if you ain't up on game than go grab them albums

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    will do.

Radiohead- Karma Police[/b] (you know the deal)

p.s. obvious ish is just as good for me as those obscure gems.

keep 'em coming though!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    There's a great Silver Mt. Zion song (from the album "He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms...") that is just piano, stand-up bass, and bad-but-fucking-good singing. There's some strings at the end, too, but it's mostly just bare-bones beauty. Fucking kills me. I think the song is called "Movie (Never Made)."

-e