Damn, right after I leave too.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Hey Jinx -

<=====================

Oh snap!

Many thanks to you and Miss B.

G

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    just givin' this a bizzump, should be a good time...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Word... I'm gonna try and make it up for this.

• looks like there may be an extra DJ sneaking in on the ones and tooo's this evening...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    looks like there may be an extra DJ sneaking in on the ones and tooo's this evening...

i heard about this today and all i can say is THANK GOD! my lineup would of been:

b-cause
    dj shadow
    matthew africa
    cool chris

oh well... it should be a blast. darondo told me today that he was going to strike through. herm from the TKOs and james aaron (who was the other main writer for the TKOs) will also be there. my man virgil from dawn & sunset is coming out from stockton to represent. ill musician ted wysinger of TKOs, the Family Stone band, the Uptights band, etc will be coming out from the O with his wife to shake some hands. plus, tomorrow ill be on the phone all day calling every musician ive ever interviewed to come through.

will they come? i dont know... come through on friday and find out.

see you there...

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    Bad timing, that's my girl's b-day! I don't know if I can pull off that coup -

Me: So, er, instead of meeting your friends at [upscale Soma lounge] for drinks, why don't we check out this record release party?

Her: Oh, what's the record?

Me: Its for, this um, Bay Area *cough* (funk) compilation. Its on Ubiquity, they're cool and stuf, they have Sa-Ra and....

Her: FUNK? Sounds like an excuse for you to talk with your boys about records! Is J*stin involed in this??

Me: Who? Nooo. Ummm, I mean, maybe... Your friends will like it, J*sh will be Djing, and "Cool" Chris too, and...

Her: *scowls* Aren't those the guys at that RECORD store you like? I can't believe you would suggest that.....

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    hahaha, nice one M*tt! I had been planning on attending this fine event, but took a gig doin summa that bullshit. Records don't pay for themselves, you know.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Jinx - are we still down sat or sunday??? I roll in round 10AM saturday. No SF strutter has wanted to hang or up me on the Stockton high life

holla,
    G

calling you today. sorry for the delay.

reynaldo hasnt told you about the shops out there? hes really the only person who can hip you to that area. i havent been out there in a few years. put dude on blast in the main forum...

im down to run around with you but i dont think i can drive that far by myself. maybe 25-30min i can do but id have to stop two or three times to let my leg and back rest if i were to drive out there.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    I'll have full whip-appeal. If you're not up to it - it's tres cool. I'll put reynaldo on PM - I put my trip on blast on got a serious case of the

theyre all just scared of the black head-banging jewfro. screw the non-believers... im not scared of hardcore Metal blaring from the rent-a-whip.

BRING IT ON!!!!

• maxchampmaxchamp 54 Posts
    Your friends will like it, J*sh will be Djing, and "Cool" Chris too, and...
    Her: *scowls* Aren't those the guys at that RECORD store you like? I can't believe you would suggest that.....
    LOL

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Bad timing, that's my girl's b-day! I don't know if I can pull off that coup -

Me: So, er, instead of meeting your friends at [upscale Soma lounge] for drinks, why don't we check out this record release party?

Her: Oh, what's the record?

Me: Its for, this um, Bay Area *cough* (funk) compilation. Its on Ubiquity, they're cool and stuf, they have Sa-Ra and....

Her: FUNK? Sounds like an excuse for you to talk with your boys about records! Is J*stin involed in this??

Me: Who? Nooo. Ummm, I mean, maybe... Your friends will like it, J*sh will be Djing, and "Cool" Chris too, and...

your girls like SA-RA? toight.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Question: will there be a merch table where I can pick this up this comp on vinyl and the limited edition promo 7"?

Question: will there be a merch table where I can pick this up this comp on vinyl and the limited edition promo 7"?

from the man himself:

I'm gonna' have Bay Area Funk II CDs and LPs, plus Bay Area Funk 1 CDs. Definitely let people know - hopefully they can get them signed by the artists if they want.

cheers,
    Andrew.
    --
    Ubiquity Records, Inc.

from the man himself:

I'm gonna' have Bay Area Funk II CDs and LPs, plus Bay Area Funk 1 CDs. Definitely let people know - hopefully they can get them signed by the artists if they want.

cheers,
    Andrew.
    --
    Ubiquity Records, Inc.

Booyah! Justin, will you sign my LP?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    AWWWWW, yeah! I'm going to get my Darondo LP signed too.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I was there for a bit, very enjoyable.......thanks josh for ze cd, he is a swell fella.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I didn't stay long (was pretty lit, sorry Ferrari for yelling your name several times), but the music selection was incredible. Props to all involved.

I didn't stay long (was pretty lit, sorry Ferrari for yelling your name several times), but the music selection was incredible. Props to all involved.

Haha... awesome! So I pretty much pulled Serg away from oncoming traffic on my way over. You and Diane were dead sober compared to him and high five dude

Anyone else talk by that white drummer dude that talked like Dave Chapelle's impersenation of people in the 40s? "So I'm playin' the drums see... meh" ... Coolest guy ever.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I feel as though i should apologize for my behavior although I don't really know what kind of behavior it was. thanks for not letting me get run over though.

Haha... awesome! So I pretty much pulled Serg away from oncoming traffic on my way over. You and Diane were dead sober compared to him and high five dude

Anyone else talk by that white drummer dude that talked like Dave Chapelle's impersenation of people in the 40s? "So I'm playin' the drums see... meh" ... Coolest guy ever.

you mean Bruno on Drums. dude was the drummer for the Relatives and a number of other bands. hes my new go to dude for records...

he hauls junk out of homes in the ghettos of the bay area...

I feel as though i should apologize for my behavior although I don't really know what kind of behavior it was. thanks for not letting me get run over though.

I think you should do a pre-emptive apology everytime there's an event. It'll save you a lot of time, time which can be used to your beerandrap blog or getting fools upset for not liking Amanda Blanket.

you should do a pre-emptive apology all the time and every time. It'll save you time; time where you could post more on your blog or a low-bee.com