British Airways lose DJ Premier's records !

Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Just had a phone call from my friend who is a promoter for a local club,DJ Premier was booked to play tonight but when he got off the plane his records had been sent elsewhere !!!As its 11pm here so the poor bloke can't even go record shopping for emergency replacements...

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i guess i'll be the first to do it...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    he might have to learn that serato shit REAL fast.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    he might have to learn that serato shit REAL fast.

Me and Max Glazer taught him how to use in in Atlanta a few weeks ago. You could tell that he never used it before and was mad intrigued, part of his tirade being unfamiliarity.

Damn taht sucks though. We had that conversation in San Diego last week. Fuck.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Yeah I have the utmost sympathy for him, maybe the golden rule is take enough 12"s for a short set in your hand luggage ?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    maybe he can stand on stage w/ someones ipod.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    This has happened before (for a Gangstarr show), umpteen phonecalls later some fans gave him all the vinyl he needed.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Just had a phone call from my friend who is a promoter for a local club,DJ Premier was booked to play tonight but when he got off the plane his records had been sent elsewhere !!!
    As its 11pm here so the poor bloke can't even go record shopping for emergency replacements...

British Airways have a really bad rep for losing DJ's record boxes - there are a lot of DJs, particularly guys on the international house/techno circuit like Paul Oakenfold or Dave Clarke, who refuse to fly BA for precisely that reason.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Speaking of British Airaways.....looks like Snoop and his 30 deep crew got into it with airport police:

Snoop Arrested in Airport Brawl

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Perhaps he'll luck out and some kind person in the crowd will offer him an iPod with some Bob Sinclair on it to rock the crowd.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts

• I believe this then maybe the third time they've lost his joints. I read somewhere Mr. Thing, who was on a joint bill with him, lent him loads of records for the gig.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Me and Max Glazer taught him how to use in in Atlanta a few weeks ago.

Your life is infinatly cooler than mine.

really.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

????????????????????????????????????????????????????