Newban OG check

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I know these og checks are getting sort of tired, but I want to confirm I just got a n original copy (first lp). Does someone have off hand the matrix number on the original. For instance, is it written or is it stamped on there ? GNS whatever. wasn't there a japanese reissue or japanese boot or something awhile back? I'm afraid I dropped a lot on a reissue. Got two copies one the matrix is stamped on there and one is hand written. one has very little space in the run off and one has a lot of space. The one that is stamped was sealed real tight, had ringwear and a cut corner. that usually tells me original, it also has that funky smell. unless of course there was a japanese boot or something back in the 80s...or unless it was resealed or something.damn why do they have to make these represses so similiar ?! dave

Comments

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    Check to see if the sleeve looks the same, I remember guinness had thick grainy card sleeves and the paper square stuck on the back and inside the sleeve there was a card lip at the botton inner and a cut that run along the top inside but not the bottom, Most were stamped but some OG'S were written, will check Newban later

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    wow, you remember all that from memory ?
    thanks. if you could check your copy that would be rad.

can you confirm that there is a bootleg or something of this ? remember hearing about one with lesser sound quality a while back...

dave

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The Guinness titles I've seen have definitely had the old paste-on sleeves...

• The reissue has a thick brown cardboard paste-on sleeve too. If I come across my copy I'll report back with the run-off etchings...

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    wow, you remember all that from memory ?
    thanks. if you could check your copy that would be rad.

can you confirm that there is a bootleg or something of this ? remember hearing about one with lesser sound quality a while back...

dave

Not sure what the boot/reish looks like that came out a year or two ago, Just checked Newban and it has G N S 36004 AS -1A stamped in the run out groove if that helps, compared it to a few other releases that i could find like Mad Cliff, Black Heart and the stamp is identical