Jazzmatazz Vol. 4 feat. David Sanborn

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Gangstarr member Guru is working on the fourth installment of his Jazzmatazz series. The original Jazzmatazz was released in 1993. The albums pair Guru and other guest MC's alongside legendary Jazz musicians and singers. Jazzmatazz Vol. 4 will be a dual-disc release that will be enterily produced by Solor and co-produced by Guru. According to Guru, Vol. 4 is the best in the long running series, which has featured such legends as Donald Byrd, Roy Ayers, Chaka Khan, Issac Hayes and others. "The tracks Solar and I have laid down are incredible and it's going to be the best Jazzmatazz yet," the rapper boasted. Jazzmatazz Vol. 4 hits stores in 2007 and features appearances by Common, David Sanborn, Ronny Laws, Raheem Devaughn, Natasha Benningfield and others. I'm kinda feelin bad for Guru right about now...

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    never fails that a co-worker or someone will find out that I love jazz and hip hop and tell me to check out those jazzmatazz shits.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    never fails that a co-worker or someone will find out that I love jazz and hip hop and tell me to check out those jazzmatazz shits.

If only they knew, you don't need that - you've got Things Fall Apart!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I would think they would be right up the alley of somebody who views the Roots' Things Fall Apart as "the hidden link between bop and rap"...

hahaha beat you to it!

hahaha beat you to it!

I see "mad schooling" in our immediate future...

hahaha beat you to it!

I'm preparing myself to be "gotten simple on".

Even more predictable than Guzzo...1...2...3...after any race or Israel thread is Mr. and Mrs. Rillzchecks hate jumping anything even remotely Roots/Digable Planets related.

• Even more predictable than Guzzo...1...2...3...after any race or Israel thread is Mr. and Mrs. Rillzchecks hate jumping anything even remotely Roots/Digable Planets related.

hi

and yes

hahaha beat you to it!

I'm preparing myself to be "gotten simple on".

But, yeah. The good ol' days.

Even more predictable than Guzzo...1...2...3...after any race or Israel thread is Mr. and Mrs. Rillzchecks hate jumping anything even remotely Roots/Digable Planets related.

We be to those threads what key be to lock.

You creamy, spy?

You spyerific, creampuff?

• Gangstarr member Guru is working on the fourth installment of his Jazzmatazz series. The original Jazzmatazz was released in 1993. The albums pair Guru and other guest MC's alongside legendary Jazz musicians and singers. Jazzmatazz Vol. 4 will be a dual-disc release that will be enterily produced by Solor and co-produced by Guru. According to Guru, Vol. 4 is the best in the long running series, which has featured such legends as Donald Byrd, Roy Ayers, Chaka Khan, Issac Hayes and others. "The tracks Solar and I have laid down are incredible and it's going to be the best Jazzmatazz yet," the rapper boasted. Jazzmatazz Vol. 4 hits stores in 2007 and features appearances by Common, David Sanborn, Ronny Laws, Raheem Devaughn, Natasha Benningfield and others.

I'm kinda feelin bad for Guru right about now...

that dude Solar is ass. but this could be huge, relatively speaking and not amongst the kufi-set, maybe amongst 30+ crowd

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    no way this is gonna tank... Solar is ass, and has no clue what the hell he is doing, besides being a self righteous prick. Serious with Solar on board its bound to lose.

Gangstarr member Guru is working on the fourth installment of his Jazzmatazz series. The original Jazzmatazz was released in 1993. The albums pair Guru and other guest MC's alongside legendary Jazz musicians and singers. Jazzmatazz Vol. 4 will be a dual-disc release that will be enterily produced by Solor and co-produced by Guru. According to Guru, Vol. 4 is the best in the long running series, which has featured such legends as Donald Byrd, Roy Ayers, Chaka Khan, Issac Hayes and others. "The tracks Solar and I have laid down are incredible and it's going to be the best Jazzmatazz yet," the rapper boasted. Jazzmatazz Vol. 4 hits stores in 2007 and features appearances by Common, David Sanborn, Ronny Laws, Raheem Devaughn, Natasha Benningfield and others.

that dude Solar is ass. but this could be huge, relatively speaking and not amongst the kufi-set, maybe amongst 30+ crowd

Read: Young Phonics will be including several tracks on the "mature audiences only" mixtape he plays when he's coaxed an older woman back to his lair.

• Gangstarr member Guru is working on the fourth installment of his Jazzmatazz series. The original Jazzmatazz was released in 1993. The albums pair Guru and other guest MC's alongside legendary Jazz musicians and singers. Jazzmatazz Vol. 4 will be a dual-disc release that will be enterily produced by Solor and co-produced by Guru. According to Guru, Vol. 4 is the best in the long running series, which has featured such legends as Donald Byrd, Roy Ayers, Chaka Khan, Issac Hayes and others. "The tracks Solar and I have laid down are incredible and it's going to be the best Jazzmatazz yet," the rapper boasted. Jazzmatazz Vol. 4 hits stores in 2007 and features appearances by Common, David Sanborn, Ronny Laws, Raheem Devaughn, Natasha Benningfield and others.

Read: Young Phonics will be including several tracks on the "mature audiences only" mixtape he plays when he's coaxed an older woman back to his lair.

and it won't be MO'NIQUE!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I sure wasn't expecting the Blue Note look of his CDs covers. Totally fresh and out of nowhere.

I can see you in your dorm room with Reachin': A New Refutation Of Time And Space and the This Mortal Coil boxed set in your 5 disc Aiwa carousel. Too bad they didn't have mash-ups back then. Or did they?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    5 disc Aiwa carousel.

God bless them. Last week I got a beautiful and fully working Marantz amp from an old man whose son just bought him one of these. "I don't need this old crap anymore".

A dark room and the Marantz blue lights while playing vinyl is better than sex.

Back to Guru, please.

• Even more predictable than Guzzo...1...2...3...after any race or Israel thread is Mr. and Mrs. Rillzchecks hate jumping anything even remotely Roots/Digable Planets related.

We be to those threads what key be to lock.

You creamy, spy?

You spyerific, creampuff?

I almost spat my drink out...ahahhaha

Sanborn has the worst tone ever. He is just terrible. But I give him props for that show he had back in the late 80s.

I can see you in your dorm room with Reachin': A New Refutation Of Time And Space and the This Mortal Coil boxed set in your 5 disc Aiwa carousel. Too bad they didn't have mash-ups back then. Or did they?

Is this the mad schooling that I have so long been promised?

I promised Broccoli Bonsai the mad schooling and he's been BAN.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Washed up Guru over some soprano saxaphone piff? Doent get any better folls.

• I give him props for that show he had back in the late 80s.

YES!!!! THAT WAS MY SHIT!!!! HOW WAS THAT SO DOPE? Me as like a 12-year old staying up late to see Sun Ra on network TV. priceless

• I give him props for that show he had back in the late 80s.

YES!!!! THAT WAS MY SHIT!!!! HOW WAS THAT SO DOPE? Me as like a 12-year old staying up late to see Sun Ra on network TV. priceless

And seeing Lakim Shabazz perform Pure Righteousness with DJ Cee Just, CLASSIC.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    More importantly WTF is Natasha Bedingfield doing on that project?!

Jeezus, I was never a fan of the Jazmatazz shite, but this one looks set to really blow.

I give him props for that show he had back in the late 80s.

and they did that "jam" at the end. i remember one with Sonic Youth, Al Green, Syd Straw and Sanborn doing his Marshall Allen spiel.

I promised Broccoli Bonsai the mad schooling and he's been BAN.

ORLY?

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

ORLY?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I swear this is what I read when scrolling

Is this the mad schlong that I have so long been promised?