OK, I Was Wrong, Reptillian Space Aliens Do Exist

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Mission Impossible star Cruise vows to eat placenta after birth[/b] By Patrick MulchroneTom Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission..to eat his new baby's placenta.Cruise vowed he would tuck in straight after girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth, saying he thought it would be "very nutritious".The Mission Impossible star, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." It is the latest in a series of increasingly strange outbursts from Cruise in the run-up to the birth.The actor, who recently also claimed he has the power to cure drug addicts, has even been carrying out his own medical scans on the foetus after buying himself an ultrasound machine.Silent birth is one of the rules of the cult of Scientology, which Cruise is devoted to.The cult - founded by the late sci-fi writer L Ron Hubbard - claims that 75 million years ago aliens came to earth and their spirits now infest our bodies.

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I thought placenta-eating was an old custom, completely separate from scientology. It's weird by Western standards, sure, but he's probably right about it being highly nutritious.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm all for turtles' placenta facial treatments, but I went straight to a MacDonald's after my son was born

• I'm all for turtles' placenta facial treatments, but I went straight to a MacDonald's after my son was born

fast food placentas arent as healthy as the fresh ones.

you missed out on the most delicious and healthy experience a new father can have.

don't let it happen again

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I thought placenta-eating was an old custom, completely separate from scientology. It's weird by Western standards, sure, but he's probably right about it being highly nutritious.

Calf umbilical cord is eaten in Hunan cuisine. It tastes kind of like tripe.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    "[It] was after a very powerful birthing. The mother ate some raw first; and then let me take some into the kitchen for fixing. My experience of this slab of meat was amazing. I had never felt such life-force present in meat before.... This meat still felt very much alive to me as I began to slice it and saute it in garlic and oil.... By the time the placenta was tender, the birthday party members were very hungry, and exhausted. After the supper, eaten in a glowing silence, everyone was energized, very much re-vitalized.... Notwithstanding, the first time I ate placenta has also been my last time.... Guess I just lost [the] taste."

I'll bet. She goes on: "When you first encounter the meat, remember to pause--placenta can be sacred food, if you let the meat tell you how to prepare it for the fire.... Chew slowly, till the placenta becomes a liquid, ambrosia. Placenta is a rare privilege for most of us."

The rationale for placenta eating, apart from the fact that it doesn't entail snuffing animals, is that since it nurtures the child during pregnancy it must contain all sorts of valuable nutrients. My medical informant knows of no research supporting this view, but it's not implausible. Mama cats and dogs eat their placentas, and some say that a chemical in the stuff stimulates contractions of the uterus. Luckily for humans, breastfeeding and the drug Pitocin do the same thing. Parvati says some American Indian tribes had placenta rituals, although none of them apparently went so far as to eat the stuff. Leave it to the white man to get ridiculous about it.

placenta cocktail (1/4 raw placenta, 8 ounces of V-8 juice, 2 ice cubes, 1/2 carrot, blend for 10 seconds at high speed), placenta lasagna, placenta spaghetti sauce, placenta stew, and placenta pizza. The last one will definitely stop conversation at your next Super Bowl party, and since you're not likely to be able to order it from Domino's, here's what you have to do:

"Grind placenta. Saute in 2T olive oil w/4 garlic cloves, then add 1/4 tsp. fennel, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. onion, minced, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/4 tsp. thyme and 1/4 cup wine. Allow to stand 30 min., then use with your favorite homemade pizza recipe. It's a fine placenta sausage topping!"