5/26: O-FADERS Joe Quixx TEEKO Mike Boo B-CAUSE

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited May 2005 in Announcements
Oakland Faders and 4onefunk bring youTWO FOR THE TIMEA celebration for DJ Platurn And Spair whowon the Scion "Free Your Mix" mix cd contest.Also we will be showcasing a new direction of grooves and melody explored by the "Dollar Bin Quintet".Featuring:Oakland FadersDJ SpairDJ PlaturnJoe QuixxDJ MereDollar Bin QuintetTurntables:Ales TeekoMike BooB-Cause J-1 on the funky DrumsSpecial guest DJ ZephHosted by WONWAYThursday May 26@ DNA Lounge9:30-2 $5-7This is gonnna be awesome!

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Keep doing it big hommie...tell jinx I said hello.

on a related note: why are Scion??? flyer alway so hard to read?

• it might be because they are so forward thinking and futuristic

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    What is up with the mothertruckin' LIST for this show? Felicia's guesting around the corner at Wish that night, but I'll walk to DNA for your set. You know what time you're on?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i'm sayin'! woot woot! CHEERLEAD! No guest list plaese. Finnin' to support dollar bin quintuplets

• Joe Quixx

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Respect to Mr. Mom & Mr. Quixx

I WISH I COULD BE THERE HOMIE[/b]

• Co-Scion.
    I'm hoping next time we have the resources to drag your a$$ up here to do a set as well!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Joe Quixx

(Promo-only remix, subsequently bitten by Bone Thugs, Fat Joe, and anybody else who has rapped post-1995)

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

Joe Quixx

big up to joe for real...that guy is way too humble with his. only hung out a few times, but he put me up on a lot of records, encouraged me like a motherfucker. wish i could be there for the gig.

best of luck with the show and if you remember, tell him that jake (feller quentin's ex-roommate) sends his regards.

• big up to joe for real...that guy is way too humble with his. only hung out a few times, but he put me up on a lot of records, encouraged me like a motherfucker. wish i could be there for the gig.

best of luck with the show and if you remember, tell him that jake (feller quentin's ex-roommate) sends his regards.

You're right about Quixx...a really genuine and great dude straight up and down. Besides being able to lace up beats for timeless joints he's also an excellent live DJ, always finessing doubles of hip-hop and breaks to rock the party. I will pass along the word J*ke!

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Joe Quixx

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so that's who did those cuts??? Rip 1 and I have been wondering that shit for forever.

p.s. Platurn if you're reading this don't try and clown on that time on the radio at UC Berkely!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so that's who did those cuts??? Rip 1 and I have been wondering that shit for forever.

well...i know Joe did some of the production on that album and was enlisted for a few remixes that made it to mysterme 12s.

Enki, you got me fiending for that fellowship remix--what's the beat like? and for what track again?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    wrrd, I haven't heard the whole album, only the "Unsolved Mysterme" 12", but the cuts on there are

wrrd, I haven't heard the whole album, only the "Unsolved Mysterme" 12", but the cuts on there are

if you like the 12", you'll like the album--dope beats all around. Call Me Myster is as hell (although i don't think that's quixx on the mix).

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Joe Quixx

That album got crazy burn when I got it. In fact the shit still is good!

• I just chilled with J*e last night. He said King Tech hooked up those scratches on Unsolved Mysterme...

• I just chilled with J*e last night. He said King Tech hooked up those scratches on Unsolved Mysterme...

but Arch dog will gladly point out that Tech has not been to enough Sideshows to have contributed to real bay area rap

I just chilled with J*e last night.

*AHEM* I think you just dropped something...

You know Joe, right? Ohh...I'm sorry "Joe Quixx of the World Famous Wake Up Show and 2004 Scion's mixtape winner-The Oakland Faders". I'm sorry didn't mean to make you feel silly. But you know what, I heard that King Most guy is a real fucking idiot? Ohh...You've heard the same. For such a handsome man he can get away with it.

• You're such a prizzznick

Next time no bully bulletin for my event.

Crabcakes

Crabcakes

pigs in a blanket

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Someone PLEASE post the All City cover.

• Someone PLEASE post the All City cover.

bonus beats:

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Ahhhhhhhh... thank you. Love you for that. Now find me a copy.

• Boom Pow BLING

Boom Pow BLING

Bing Ji Ling?

What time you guy play tonight, JoshRo?

• What time you guy play tonight, JoshRo?

You mean tomorrow?

What time you guy play tonight, JoshRo?

You mean tomorrow?

[color:white]Remember when Elias covered his eyes with his hands and announced that it was his nap time? That's how I feel this afternoon. [/color]

Yes, I mean tomorrow.

• The Band is on from around 11:00 pm to 11:30-11:45...I play a set w/ Zeph from there 'till about 12:15 or so. Still need listy?

The Band is on from around 11:00 pm to 11:30-11:45...I play a set w/ Zeph from there 'till about 12:15 or so. Still need listy?

Nah, I can $upport! Five apiece is cool. Thanks for the schedule. We'll probably make it an early night.