›

Proof of D12 news?

eetzeetz 53 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
My girl called me this morning, she was watching the news and said there was some really unfortunate news about Proof and some happenings in a detroit after-hours club.Can anyone expand on this?

Comments

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    yea Detroit Hip Hop

R.I.P. Big Proof.

Poor Detroit. First Dilla dog, Obie gets injured by a shot, now Proof gets gunned down. Some one stand up for the D, its hard times going on...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    oh no!!!
    what a shame. rip proof.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    oh no!!!
    what a shame. rip proof.

Can't say I was a huge fan of D12, but I always thought Proof was one of the better MC's in the group. I feel sorry for his family and his friends. RIP.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I didn't check that much for D12 either, but it's always tragic when someone leaves the world like that.

R.I.P. Proof.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Damn.....R.I.P

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    "We almost lost are losing Detroit, (this time...)"

R.I.P.

• Sad news.

Wasn't Proof's dad McKinley Jackson of the Politicians? I'm pretty sure I sold him that record and he was hella excited to get it back then, mentioning his dad.

Sonic

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    damn, RIP...

another tragedy, just what the city needs. fuck.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Just heard this on the radio. RIP. Speculation that the 2nd victim is Bizarre, who was also shot in the head and is in critical condition.

Just heard this on the radio. RIP. Speculation that the 2nd victim is Bizarre, who was also shot in the head and is in critical condition.

????

what is your question

just wondering if that is true.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    My girl called me this morning, she was watching the news and said there was some really unfortunate news about Proof and some happenings in a detroit after-hours club.

Can anyone expand on this?

R.I.P. Proof. He was a good dude. He also did a lot for Detroit hip hop in general. I just talked to him about a couple beats he had wanted last month. This shit is really sad.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Speculation that the 2nd victim is Bizarre, who was also shot in the head and is in critical condition.

Interscope represenatives also confirmed Bizarre was not involved in the incident.

"Contrary to earlier rumors and reports, D-12 member Bizarre was not involved in the incident in Detroit last night," Interscope said. "He was at home in Atlanta, Georgia."

whew, that's good.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Sad news,RIP.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    RIP! Not only sad news for his family, friends and fans, but another reason why HipHopshows/parties/events will become much more troublesome in the future. "Stop the violence" will never be an empty phrase...

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Having toured with Proof and worked with him, I can honestly say he was a real guy. He looked out for me at times for no reason and always had an open ear to me. People on here know how hard it is to get people open on you, and he was oen to do that for no reason. On top of that, he really was a talented guy. This is really fucked up. I'm in Europe right now, so I just heard about this shit now.

• head034head034 24 Posts
    Got the news this morning from my brother soon after it happened Still in shock!!..This was my dwag ! I never known another brother like him... he was one of kind!! RIP