Anybody have Dish Network?

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
It's now available in my building and I'm thinking about it. How is your reception, have you had any problems with it? I'm doing it primarily for HD content. But also considering the DVR, but I think that's a huge extra charge to get the unit with HD and DVR. Anyway, any opinions or things I should be aware of?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    my girl has it. it goes out in REALLY bad weather, thats my only complaint.

• It's now available in my building and I'm thinking about it. How is your reception, have you had any problems with it? I'm doing it primarily for HD content. But also considering the DVR, but I think that's a huge extra charge to get the unit with HD and DVR. Anyway, any opinions or things I should be aware of?

i have had Dish for a couple years now i really realy dig it. well worth it to me. got it with the DVR and couldn't live with out it anymore. they are pretty straight forward. it does go out in really bad weather and also randomly resets. no major issues...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    my parents have had Dish for 10 years now...so theyre still running the old system and everything, but even that is great. pretty easy to use and dependable. its only gone out about 3 times over that span, and that was like, when it was hailing, thundering, snowing, and tornadoing all at the same time. (basically really REALLY shitty weather is not kind to it.)