** TAIWAN PHOTOS **

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Here are some photos that I thought I would share with ya'll.These are from my recent trip out to Taiwan. DJ Finatk and myself were booked to do a show at recently opened nightclub - Champagne 3 in Taipei, Taiwan. Out of all the places in the world, I never thought I would find myself out in Taiwan DJing. The night was WILD. The club was like 70% females and there were girls on podiums in mini skirts in front of us dancing and a crew of women in a shower behind us dancing too! The owners of the club kept the bottles of the Belvedere flowing and it was all gravy, aside from the fact that the police came in the club about 5 minutes into our set and turned on the lights to check work visas and other club permits. Thankfully, we were all in check and the night carried on...I stayed out there for 2 weeks and took in as much of the culture that I could. I managed to get dusty in them crates and try some weird food... oh, and on the record tip, people in Taiwan is SLEEPIN', I'm gunna get back there and scoop up all the shit I left behind. There are literally records for days out there, not in record stores either. The hip-hop scene is pretty non-existant out there when compared to the INSANE scene that nearby neighbour Japan has... the night markets are the illest part of being in Taiwan -- Tons of tasty bootleg stuff from Bathing Ape, Evisu, etc. FUN FUN FUN. Thanks to everyone for their hospitality.Hope you enjoy these pics! I threw in some Engrish I saw along the way too...peace. BevanThe FlierDr. MilkerI think this worked??Tepanyaki is inexpensive in Taiwan and very delicious! Speaking of food, it seems that everything in Taiwan comes powdered with Pepper, just a warning if you don't like pepper...Taipei 101, the worlds TALLEST buildingBAPE Taiwan. I left a fingerprint on the door and the store manager seemed very angry. Watch yourself! BAPE mutherfuckers take themselves way too serious..."Funny Fish"... I think this was a clothing store... MOTHER FUCKER! 50% OFF!I think I'm in the same crowd now...I don't have a clue what the story on the front has to do with a packet of plastic straws...Plasma TV embedded to the side of a bus for advertising. JYEAH!Don't fuck with Garu he will fuck you up.Nice audiophile style turntable at some high end record store in TaipeiScooters EVERYWHERE out there...The streets of Taipei are flooded with little market stalls like this one. I was told I had to try the fried chicken, it didn't look too safe but I fucked with it anyway. It was quite delicious and cost about $2 for a piece of chicken about the size of an A4 sheet of paper chopped and drenched in pepper powder.Another market stall of various Taiwanese treatsAwesome stencil work..Come on, someone MUST have known...Tried to go to this store 4 times, never managed to get up in there. Called the owners celly and he promised he would be there, rocked up, no there everytime. Fuck him.I like this shirt. From Japan, my K.O.D.P. hommie DJ Viblam's winter line for his label - Still Diggin' (plug)...One of the VIP rooms at the club...More TepanyakiThe crowdThe girlsThe DJsThe CrowdThe DJsThe CrowdTerntable Jediz Bitches!The crowd plastered with stickers...My view of the decksOut the front after the gig with random party-goers...Taipei 101 at sunrise...The Yakitori here was REALLY good!Don't fuck with DJ Willy...or The Lion KingClownin'Cute dog taking a nap at the night markets...I ate chicken from this guys stall, peep the teeth, nasty as fuck... That what Betelnut will do to you...The Vodka bar at Champagne 3Finatik & Sheep on the streets of TaipeiStinky Tofu. The name says it all... Stankonia on the streets...Chew it up, spit it out... Taipei's legal drug of choice - Betelnutb
r />Regardless of where in the world I am, nothing beats good ol' Steak & PotatoAnother fly stencil...A live Snake waiting to have it's blood extracted and sold in a shot to a tourist @ the Snake Alley night marketDrinking the juice outta this bottle is meant to help with erectile disfunction... thankfully I don't have that problem YET.A-YO!The most famous temple in TaipeiA-YO!Cornel Sanders - Taiwan StyleYaki Niku - Delicious!Another historial building...This dude was the gardener at the temple. Lookin' ILL.More pics...What's Up Man?? This was a sign at a shop with a cure for herpes, apparently...Yes, the bottle labeled "PNS" contains dried penis for sale from that animal on the right...This dog was posted as security out the front of a massage parlour with a piece and all.Ronald McFuckingDonaldFamous noodle spot...Grandmixer DSTARRRGHInside Taipei 101, this DAMPNER weighs many many tonnes and is meant to stablize the building in the event of an earthquake...Taipei city from the top of 101...The night markets, I spent nearly everynight at one of these walking around and eating / shopping!Betelnut - This is a legal drug in Taiwan, and it will fuck your teeth up, make u feel warm and high like a caffeine cocaine bump... I didn't wanna fuck with it tho...One of the hotels I stayed at. Spa, massage chair, plasma TV, HUGE room... exceeds most 5-star hotels @ only $50 a night...Wonderful ChickenDildo vending machineYou Be Feel Good Just We Can? WTF?Some restaurant out there ripped off the Nike logoPut what you wanna eat in the little green basket and the stall owners will fry it up for you with the quickness...How could you possibly fuck this one up?What is a CLAUP?Juvenile defacing...This dude was cool. He ran a camera shop, but since digital cameras are the "now" thing, he turned it into a record store. Lots of tight stuff on the shelves......and in the back roomWhatever you do, don't bring a chicken in the station...Fried milk anyone?My favorite area and Taiwans equivalent to Shibuya - Ximanding... stayed in the heart of the area, was nothin' but fun...Only for whole humans, not halves..Fila bootlegging gone wrong...Bee Gees RAERChinese PepsiLonely God chipsFuxing hellYEEEEAHHH!!!RAER RAER RAERRAER RAER RAERHot Pot buffet on my last night there...Hope you liked these, comments welcome.peace.

Comments

• 99crates99crates 42 Posts

We need to have more threads like this.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    sweet pics man, too many to comment, although a dildo vending machine is pure class.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Great Pics, I wish I had the loot to travel more. The food on those carts looks increadable.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    AWESOME - Taiwan looks great!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    what kind of digital camera do you have?

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    wow... i've just died and gone to china.

nice pics... thanks for sharing.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dope fucking thread, Sheep. Reminds me of when I was in Asia last year... man I got to get to Taiwan.

And yo, those things in the basket are good as fuck but when I came back to America I was shitting for a week.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

Canon Ixy Digital 60. 5.0 Megapixels.

It was the latest model out when I left Japan in November last year. There was a 6 Megapixel one, but it didn't have the MACRO function to allow for super-clear "up-close" shots. You gotta fiddle around with the settings on the camera depending on what situation you're in, but once you get it sussed out, you're good to go. Highly recommended. I spent a month tryin' to find the best camera to get, and this was easily at the top of the pile for the price.

peace.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Canon Ixy Digital 60. 5.0 Megapixels.

It was the latest model out when I left Japan in November last year. There was a 6 Megapixel one, but it didn't have the MACRO function to allow for super-clear "up-close" shots. You gotta fiddle around with the settings on the camera depending on what situation you're in, but once you get it sussed out, you're good to go. Highly recommended. I spent a month tryin' to find the best camera to get, and this was easily at the top of the pile for the price.

peace.

Dope. I have a bulky Digital rebel SLr , but was looking for a nice point and shoot and am digging the flicks your camera takes.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    nice sheep!

my superhommie and record digging "mentor" just moved back to taipei on monday. me sad. and jealous. prolly having a bowl of beef noodle stew and pouring out some broth for the hommies.

he mentioned that even in the dead of night when its silent outside, you can still here the hum of electricity or something. he said it fucked with his mind and he'd have to go out to the countryside to get away from it.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    man...thanks so much for posting these.

I would have eaten all o dem foodstuffs from those market vendors.

Looks like you had good times. Hotel room completely off the chain.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Wicked pics matey, Wicked! Taiwan looks a lot like Japan, but that is no suprise. Your pictures are always great B**an. I know you must have had a good time there. Do you have any HK pics from the same trip? If so, post those too hommie.

• DAMN DUDE! That was awesome. It looks like Taipei got some fine breezies as well. I might have to make a trip out here soon as well.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Total meltface, B***n. Nice taiwangrish finds and premo pics!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Wicked pics matey, Wicked! Taiwan looks a lot like Japan, but that is no suprise. Your pictures are always great B**an. I know you must have had a good time there. Do you have any HK pics from the same trip? If so, post those too hommie.

Word, just for you Mr. Chan, some pics from Hong Kong + some bonus stuff from Sydney + the Kanye West @ The Opera House...

Strutter Kenny gettin' into some veges...

We killed that shit!

Those egg ball things are delicious... this is what they cook them in...

Nice record store in Central... don't sleep...

Mong Kok! Sneaker heaven! My favorite area in HK.

Some high end store in TST which has some NASTY SB's on sale...

More food pics...

My hommie A-Trak doin' it BIG TIME...

Krypton, I and local celebrity Maya Jupiter...

The crowd in the Opera House...

Mr. West

The view from our seats. Peace to A-Trak for lookin' out on the tickets, I saw some go for up to $1000 for this show, and we were seated 6 rows from the front...

A-Trizzy

Outside the Opera House...

Bondi Beach after Sunrise...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Damn Sheep, those are some proper pix. Makes me wanna go back. Jeah!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    awesome pics!!!

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

We need to have more threads like this.

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts
    Hey thanks for sharing the pics, Bevan. My family is from Taipei, but I've never been there myself. And for some reason, never really had the interest to go. Never thought there'd actually be records there either. I think it just got bumped up on the list of places I want to visit. Good stuff mang.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    awesome pics B!

Taipei again in June, its on!

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

Impending girl on girl action or just admiring her fresh highlights?

• Brilliant Bev.
    Thanks for taking the time to upload them.

Any from backstage with Kanye & A-Trak photos from Sydney as well? Ha!

• Great stuff sheep!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    great shots... Enjoyed checking them out!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Damn! I was just dreaming...

Thans for sharing!!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

OH SHIT!

Great pics! Looks like another great trip.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    damn, kevin is everywhere

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    damn, kevin is everywhere

Kevin! LOL!!!! Yo Bevan, did this guy ask you to join "The program" for $1500.00 a month? Did he tell you that Warren G and Kay Gee are in the program? TOO FUNNY!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    wow... i've just died and gone to china.

thanks alot for sharing those pics with us sheep!