Look Into the Tribe (seriously, look.)

2»

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    What's up with the "HOMOCIDE" tag in that one page?

I wouldn't read too much into that. In its infancy, Tribe Mag lacked any semblance of an editorial staff in its infancy, and many of the first issues read like a high school newspaper. Most of the adds were just photocopied business cards, and the layout was, to put it lightly, rough. Then again, those are exactly the elements that make the publication so charming, and I vastly prefer the early volumes to the more manicured issues in later years.

I have the entire first issue scanned and ready for reading so be on the look out for that in the next few days.

Also, THANK YOU to everybody who emailed me. This past Saturday, while I was over at Wendell's house, I showed him both this thread (he and his wife both swore they'd heard of SoulStrut before) and my inbox with all the requests for more Tribe magazine. He was incredibly touched, and very excited by it all.

To those that wrote me with comments and questions:

Thank you again for the support, and please know that it is my intention to email you all back individually. I'm incredibly busy these days, so please bear with me if you don't hear back from me right away.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Bump

How is this very commendable project coming along?

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Wendell, who still owns the rights to Tribe Magazine, is very seriously considering licensing them to me, so that I can scan them in full and host them online.

Is there any chance you could compile them and find someone interested in publishing them as a book ?

• Bump

How is this very commendable project coming along?

from the Waxidermy boards:

Breakself is communing with monks. Before he left he scanned a few of them. I am trying to help out on the web side. I have Wendell's info and will try to get this moving. He is enthusiastic, but got a little hung up with some sundries of copyright law. He is also a busy guy making real world moves, so Internet stuff takes a back seat.