Columbia GP-3 Portable - Looking for information

YouYouYouYou 5 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Dear all,I am looking for information about the Columbia portable player.I know that Dustygroove are sellingt them, but that is all. Does someone know a website, maybe even the homepage of the player, where I could find a bit more information, e.g. about other retailers, etc?Any help would be appreciated.Take careYouYou

Comments

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    what do you need to know? I have three of em and the mixer. I like them. They are pretty good. two speeds, pitch, can play record sidewayz or upside down, hang the unit on the wall. Headphone jack.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Yes good player I gots 3 also The Red, the DJ Honda Special Edition and the Hello Kitty Limted Edition all the same just colors are difrent I still rock the classic red... Good player for me still going battires last long the only thing is the speakers don't play as loud as the Numark or Vestex and the headphones could be a touch louder but alot sleeker and not as bulky as those freakin Numarks and Vestex,,, One would figure Numark and Vestex could have made a better product and smaller, but they should have hired DEEROCK or PHILMOST to design them joints..... Still boggles my mind till this day....

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Don???t believe the GP3's are being manufactured anymore (same with the Vestax).
    I had all the modern portables the Numark is the best across the board.
    The GP3 was good because it's loud & fairly rugged (good for shows). That's it.
    The Vestax got the job done but was just so cumbersome, quiet, & uncomfortable (how small is the average Japanese cat???s hand? That thing's handle SUCKED!).
    The Numark is stereo, 3 outputs, sized 11??? by 11???, built fairly solid and $75 new. It???s great.
    In the grand scope of portables the only things beating it are the Soundburger & the VP96.
    Nothing else is even close in my opinion.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    my red one has a mono headphone jack, is that normal? i figure its either older/raer, or a error/bad. in any event, is no good for listening, as it only comes thru one side of headphones. ok for needle dropping, poor for really listening. otherwise its awesome.

• YouYouYouYou 5 Posts
    what do you need to know? I have three of em and the mixer. I like them. They are pretty good. two speeds, pitch, can play record sidewayz or upside down, hang the unit on the wall. Headphone jack.

Who else is selling it besided "Dustygroove"?

I am still not sure if I should buy the Numark or the Columbia. The last one is a bit more expensive and currently I do not know any dealer who is selling it in Montreal. This means I would have to postage as well

Take care

YouYou

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    my red one has a mono headphone jack, is that normal? i figure its either older/raer, or a error/bad. in any event, is no good for listening, as it only comes thru one side of headphones. ok for needle dropping, poor for really listening. otherwise its awesome.

"(Please note that although there is a headphone jack for the player, the output of the jack is only a mono signal, in one channel.)"