Friends of Sound Issue 8 is live

djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
hey folks,issue 8 is available here. inside you'll find:- an oskar fishinger profile- an interview with sket one- an interview with NOLA's own willie tee- background on cool chris' trapdoor mix- LA breakers video- a live mix by mike the 2600 king- an austin record show pictorial- and daniel kannegiesser's animationcontributions by soulstrut's own:nrichtheecasualmalegropeand H_GSspecial thanks to adam garcia for his layout work..thanks, as always, for checking us out.since 2004,

Comments

• Bump. This is great.

• thanks man,

glad you enjoyed it.

where are my peoples at?

i'm looking for a little feedback.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Never checked this before... it's a real nice simple design. Also love the fact that you have a WAP version of the site.

I'm listening to the Litterthugz live mix right now while checking out the Austin pics. This mix is dope. Interesting variety of music. About 15 minutes and one bongload into right now and I'm digging both the beats and the cuts. I was listening to an old Dj Krush mix (Back In The Base mix, that came out on that Cold Krush Cuts 2cd) and this is a real nice follow up to it.

Going to check that Willie Tee interview next. Should be

• Absolutely great issue, as usual!

• gaturs/willie tee interview
    but i'm enjoying the whole thing. good stuff!

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    cool photo essay on the ARC. nice one!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    looks nice dude, as usual.
    where's the Friends of Sound #8 SxSW release party?

• Absolutely great issue, as usual!

thanks. if you ever want to be involved... a mix, recommending a friend for an interview, etc. let me know. For that matter, that goes for the rest of you too. That is pretty much how we operate, friends recommending friends and people getting involved. talk to to me through the board.

ana, glad you were into willie tee. ryan, are you tx local? n**h*n, don't be jealous you're not here for sxsw

and anyone wants to join our mailing list for mid issue goodies, contests and giveaways, exclusive downloads, etc.

write to [email]info@friendsofsound.com[/email]

and just say you want on the mailing list.

we're also on myspace at www.myspace.com/friendsofsound

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    grew up in texas but now live in the bay area but i go back a couple times of year.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    HI COOLHANDS!

rad as fuck. thanks.

• ryan,

rad. i grew up in the bay area and now live in tx via Nashville, LA, and NYC. Palo Alto is my home town. We should hook up sometime either there or here.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    defintiely. i am trying to swing a trip to austin in october for the next ARC. if i do, i'll let you know. otherwise, holler at me next time you're in the bay.

• what's up t*m!

how's NYC treating you?

glad you enjoyed the 'zine.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    what's up t*m!

how's NYC treating you?

glad you enjoyed the 'zine.
    It's cold, doggee. too damn cold.

looks like we have another addition to the 2006 grind in high-gear, strutter glitterati.
    keep up the hard work.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    This is a great site!

CREDIT DUE!

• thanks man,

check us in about 2 months for issue 9.