theo parrish mixes??

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
i just heard a mix cd by theo parrish + it was one of the best dj mixes i've ever heard. dude is definitaly great on the turntables.anybody know where to cop more?my friend got his in detroit + the mix looked like a very low-key type thang with no tracklisting/cover. just printing on the cd with the picture of a little kid + a cursive font "theo parrish mix".

Comments

• not sure about the mix you mention, but i love the theo mixes i've heard at http://www.deephousepage.com/mixes.php (check the methods of movement mix...)

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    not sure about the mix you mention, but i love the theo mixes i've heard at http://www.deephousepage.com/mixes.php (check the methods of movement mix...)

this looks good thanks.

• not sure about the mix you mention, but i love the theo mixes i've heard at http://www.deephousepage.com/mixes.php (check the methods of movement mix...)
    like whoa...that site is serious. Lots of great old sets. Listening to Frankie Knuckles from 1981 right now.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Man, will house ever make a come back? Are the warehouse dayz long gone?

Some of these mixes are crazy.

This is the type of mood I'm in right now:

THE MD XPRESS - GOD MADE FUNKY.MP3

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Some of these mixes are crazy.

This is the type of mood I'm in right now:

THE MD XPRESS - GOD MADE FUNKY.MP3

Great post! MAN, I haven't heard that song in a LONG TIME. Thanks, dude.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    FINGERS INC - "Can You Feel It"

still gets me everytime. timeless classic.

You PHUCKERZ!!

I'm in the mood now...

Chez Damier - Can you feel it

MARK ROGERS - TWILIGHT

THE MD CONNECTION - MAGIC FEET

STEVE POINDEXTER - WORK THAT MUTHA FUCKER

FRANKIE KNUCKLES - THE WHISTLE SONG

I have yet a time to go by in 10+ years where I can play the last track and not get into a happy mood. Driving in a car on a sunny summers day kills it.

Man, I got classic house for dayz. I wish some were better encoded. But I guess thats what I get for selling of these records back in the day.

• thank you

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

what in God's name do you mean ?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    COME TO HOUSE

I'm sayin... where is the underground? Any main house dj I've talked to in the last few years says the same thing. People are always talking about "are hip hop's great days past?" Hell no... But house? /me thinks... maybe...

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

FRANKIE KNUCKLES - THE WHISTLE SONG

I have yet a time to go by in 10+ years where I can play the last track and not get into a happy mood. Driving in a car on a sunny summers day kills it.

Man, I got classic house for dayz. I wish some were better encoded. But I guess thats what I get for selling of these records back in the day.
    Thank you my dude! I'm in serious reminisce mode right now. Feel free to post more, hint hint, wink wink

Consider it done when I get home. @ the 9to5er right now...

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    Consider it done when I get home. @ the 9to5er right now...

Thank you hommie. Alot of these are joints that I know from years of going out, but don't necessarily know by name...running them in Itunes right now, and all of that shit is like "ohhh shit, that's what that's called"! Making a dreary Monday go by a little faster.

• hey sirus,
    it's kinda surprising to see a Theo Parrish thread up in here, but
    it 's also "no surprise" because dude is funky and progressive. If you are looking for info or mixes start here http://store.soundsignature.info. If you haven't heard his production work it's a bit of a departure from the mixes. the mixes are a blend of "roots" house and dance. The man has skills and is not afraid to tweek it. if you ever get a chance see him live it is truly
    "inspiration". i've been listening since 91-92.

ps turntablelab.com carries his stock regularly

• I've seen Theo Parrish and Moodyman (and the Other Three Chair) a few times in Chicago and it always is sooo dope. They guys churn it out for everyone and their mom on the dancefloor. Even my iTunes shuffle DJ got a hankering for those Methods of Movement mixes, especially late, late at night.

• i hear ya man, i just got to see theo last month at APT . i hadn't seen him in 10 yrs, so it was a real flashback. the weather was shit that night so the turnout was low, but all the more better. Japanese cats bug out to his style,
    i like where he's goin with the EQ fiddlin but i would like him to run it through more filters and effects to get more sonic layering. i had a discussion with friend, about taking risks with sound. Theo is fearless