Hello My Name is:

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Sorry for the delay and lack of etiquette. As mentioned before Im not very technically savvy and new to message boards in general and I've never really been one for formality. Sorry bout my manners. Are there any rules and regulations I should know about? Any advice, suggestions?My name is Alice. I am an Artist, DJ, Records Person, Bartender/ Booking Gal living in Portland Oregon for nearly 6 years. Im currently working on thinning out my collection, while filling in the blanks..which is kinda like running in place, backwards on a merry go round. Going too fast not getting anywhere quick enough. Im sure some of you can relate??.....ughh yeah I dunno either.More than Half of my collection consists of Hip Hop but I collect, love and appreciate ALL music. Im especially into funk, soul, latin, exotica cocktail surf sorta things, reggae and jazz. I also have a hefty supply of classic rock, basic pop as well as a few Zappa and Tom Waits LPs. My tastes hit every edge of the spectrum. From a professional stand point, I specialize in music from the last 30 years, particularly Hip Hop and I am most knowledgeable and skilled in that department. Im here to learn and share and converse with like minded peoples, make some connections. That's about it.Thanks for caring. Just Alice, thats all.

Comments

• Did someone tip over a closet full of lurkers today?

Welcome.
    Rules? I'm pretty sure that you can't upstage the 1000+ posters. Keep it humble. Ha!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

• How do.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

Hey Alice

Welcome to SS. Enjoy the trip!

Peace

• Welcoming greetings from Sweden

Image hosting by Photobucket

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Welcome JustAlice.

How is it going?

Do you like Leo Sayer's records?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Welcome Alice
    Really look like a knoledgeable person and I look forward to sharing with you. Soulstrut is agreat place for records and knowledge
    have fun

• Welcome to the Board, Alice!

Rules? Forget it...

• Alice is already cool by me, plus she's down with the Messers 2600 and Jeigh. WRACKOGNIZE.

• Options
    Welcome Alice. Feel free to ask any reggae/wesxt indian related questions you want. I like anqwering them.

K in Canada.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Stumptown stand up! PDX is the hottest SoulStrut location right now. Believe that. Do you play out? Where? welcome to the island.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I will only like you if you donate to the Break In The Road project: www.breakintheroad.org

I have no shame. Seriously though, welcome!

• Alice is good peoples...she allows me to carry out my dreams every first Saturday..

Welcome gurl

j

• welcome welcome!

you sound like you would fit right in, plus we rilly need more ladies up in this batch

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Thanks Ya'll. Im down with TwoPly as well, actually known him longer than anyone. When we met it was
    "Instant Death" That was a few years back now huh Ian?

I look up to Jeigh and Mike in a Big Way Artistically and Musically. Was that 'Shit Yeah' graemlin made in your honor Jeigh? Kinda looks like you...

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    hello

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• There you go!
    Welcome to the strut!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    woo-hoo a girl, welcome!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Alice is good peoples...she allows me to carry out my dreams every first Saturday..

That's just not sounding right, for some reason...

Welcome to SoulStrut Alice! You may also want to tell all of your friends and family that they can only communicate with you by slipping notes under your door from now on. How do you think the rest of us deal with being internet celebrities v. the OUTSIDE WORLD?

I think I speak for everyone when I say it'll be nice to have another female voice in the choir.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    woo-hoo a girl from the NW, welcome JustAlice!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Thanks Ya'll. Im down with TwoPly as well, actually known him longer than anyone. When we met it was
    "Instant Death" That was a few years back now huh Ian?

Welcome to Nerd Strut!

• Was that 'Shit Yeah' graemlin made in your honor Jeigh? Kinda looks like you...

yup! i made it of jeigh for jeigh, but soulstrut made it its own and that's fantastic. plus whenever mrs. jeigh looks at "nerdstrut" (as she calls it), she can now see her man's face plastered in almost every thread!

notice the resemblance...

welcome aboard alice!
    mike 26000000000