Soundgarden - Down On the Upside

Comments

• are we on the fringe of mourning the break-up of "temple of the dog" as well?

I always hated that band, as I did Pearl Jam.

[And actually, Faux, I referred to them as Temple of the Whitesnake.]

• this thread is "wow"

You didn't know?

Inside the realest of SoulStrut headz, there lurks a stringy haired air guitar player an open-minded music fan....

Open Minded Music Fan= Still able to listen to some suspect-ass schitt! "I have some embarassing photos and outfits in my closet."

Am I the 'Struts resident anti-rockist?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I got your back (PASUE)...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    are we on the fringe of mourning the break-up of "temple of the dog" as well?

Anything Pearl Jam-related as a rule sucks.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    this thread is "wow"

You didn't know?

Inside the realest of SoulStrut headz, there lurks a stringy haired air guitar player an open-minded music fan....

Open Minded Music Fan= Still able to listen to some suspect-ass schitt!

people are throwing the term "rock" around a thread like this pretty loosely.

this thread is "wow"

You didn't know?

people are throwing the term "rock" around a thread like this pretty loosely.

You're suggesting that the likes of Pearl Jam lacks sufficient sac to merit the designation of "rock"?

I can get with that...

the 'Struts resident pro-black poseur?

Actually that title should go to a few other strutters before you, but enjoy.

Do you remember what you where doing when you found out Tesla broke-up?

• this thread is "wow"

You didn't know?

Yeah, open-minded cats tend to listen to *the most* suspect schitt.

No he did not just poke his head thru the skylight in his Samurai and take it there!

The fact that you even know who Tesla is...

Can I picture a young Most jumping up and down on the couch shouting "SIGNS SIGNS EVERYWHERE THE SIGNS"

No he did not just poke his head thru the skylight in his Samurai and take it there!

Don't you still live in an apartment?

• the 'Struts resident pro-black brown poseur?

yeah but Herm doesn't post as much, ass-munch.

• i can't believe this is really happening

guys it's SOUNDGARDEN holy shit let it fucking go the dude likes soundgarden yeah it sucks the end

Don't you still live in an apartment?

As it happens I do rent a top-floor floor-through luxury space.

And?

The fact that you even know who Tesla is...

Can I picture a young Most jumping up and down on the couch shouting "SIGNS SIGNS EVERYWHERE THE SIGNS"

I too busy being "hot for teacher".

• i can't believe this is really happening

guys it's SOUNDGARDEN holy shit let it fucking go the dude likes soundgarden yeah it sucks the end

Take a step-back, Hot Topic

i can't believe this is really happening

What about the fact that he pushes a Samurai--we're supposed to look past that, too?

I'm even willing to admit a past man-crush on Chris Cornell...something Jay-Z has never been able to accomplish.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    this gurgley-emo doc martin/flannel comeback will surely be followed by non-ironic wearing of those retarded puffy hats that people who like(d) KLF used to wear.

i can't believe this is really happening

What about the fact that he pushes a Samurai--we're supposed to look past that, too?

Just keep paying rent there, buddy.

• I'm even willing to admit a past man-crush on Chris Cornell....

[awkward silence]

[/awkward silence]

• this gurgley-emo doc martin/flannel comeback will surely be followed by non-ironic wearing of those retarded puffy hats that people who like(d) KLF used to wear.

Are your fingers crossed for this?

I'm even willing to admit a past man-crush on Chris Cornell....

[awkward silence]

[/awkward silence]

Don't you live in the Castro?

• this gurgley-emo doc martin/flannel comeback will surely be followed by non-ironic wearing of those retarded puffy hats that people who like(d) KLF used to wear.

those fans may have been douches, but *do*not*sleep*

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Same people that dismissed Superunknown in the 90s are the ones
    dismissing Laffy Taffy today.

I'd like to know what qualities you people are seeing in laffy taffy that makes you claim a song where a guy refers to his dick as a chico stick constitues genius. I'm being serious here too.

as far as soundgarden goes it falls under the same banner as Pearl Jam and all other early 90's relevant "butt rock" of the time. Grateful dead and Hot Tuna for a new generation

but hey different strokes for different folks

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    this gurgley-emo doc martin/flannel comeback will surely be followed by non-ironic wearing of those retarded puffy hats that people who like(d) KLF used to wear.

please to not combine the emo Built to Spill, Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie crowd with the flannel filth soundgarden, Alice in Chains crowd. My taste and hygene are both offended

• I'm even willing to admit a past man-crush on Chris Cornell....

[awkward silence]

[/awkward silence]

Don't you live in the Castro?

No, that's me.

I'll let Phonics blow his own spot (aaaaaaaaay) re: his living quarters.

Same people that dismissed Superunknown in the 90s are the ones
    dismissing Laffy Taffy today.

I'd like to know what qualities you people are seeing laffy taffy that makes you claim a song where a guy refers to his dick as a chico constitues genius. I'm being serious here too.

as far as soundgarden goes it falls under the same banner as Pearl Jam and all other early 90's relevant "butt rock" of the time. Grateful dead and Hot Tuna for a new generation

but hey different strokes for different folks

Pearl Jam is more along the lines of lack-of-butt rock.

And Soundgarden is more along the lines of math-rock.

So Rush for a new generation would be a better fit.

And yes, I hear Birdman cringing.

please to not combine the emo Built to Spill, Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie crowd with the flannel filth soundgarden, Alice in Chains crowd. My taste and hygene are both offended

I thought you were from LA. The flannel squad was more like the Circle Jerks/The Cramps/TSOL crowd...the ones hanging out at Smoker's Field at Edison High School circa 1985.

Also see the Replacements circa 1981.

Flannels in the 90's were bought at Merry Go Round, rather than found in attics.