Post a record that can't be Googled!

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Nowadays with Google controlling the world and whatnot I always find it intriguing whenever I stumble upon a title that's just not listed anywhere on the world's favorite search engine. I'm not just talking no useful info or no price quotes, I'm talking no hits at all..Here's a couple such records I really like. I would post pictures if I had the means to do so.Soul Patrol: I'm A Witness (Golden Hedge) Cool gospel album from Philly with a nice version of "People Get Ready". Smooth production with lots of Rhodes. Bonus points for ads of neighborhood barber shops on the back.The Sims Sisters: Revelation (Simcob) Killer gospel/soul album from Detroit. Many noteworthy tracks, "Keep Trusting In The Lord" is the one I occasionally play out.The infamous Breakself was kind enough to sell me this. Thank you!Izintombi Zesi Manje Manje / Nzimande All Stars: Nomali (Masterpiece) A split album by two Zimbabwean (?) groups, including a killer funk track called "Todd And Moss". Google has individual hits for both groups, but not for the album or the song mentioned.The Citizens Band: Boogie With The Channel (Top Ranking) Rough reggae/disco 12" on a Jamaican label. Produced by F. Lewis, mixed by J. Chang. Kevin these names say anything to you?Yeah I know, in a couple days there will indeed be 1 hit each: soulstrut.com.

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Because I found this the other day:

Dogs of War - S/T

Disco/Electro from Quebec on Generation records (1977). All the hits I get are for a Saxon album. One dude is selling this for $165 on gemm, and his reasoning, after asking him, is "it's rare... you try to find it!" If anyone has a or wants this, pm.

• I find shit that can't be googled on a weekly, if not daily basis.

That's where the fuck it's at right now. I buy anything that is totally weird and off the charts. 75% of the time it pays off... the other 25% it is Russ Emerson "The Jogger".

• this one

i tried googling it like crazy just to find a pic of the cover, and had to take one myself.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I cant seem to "google" my Tim Dog Fuck Compton Kutmasta Kurt Megamix promo 12" w/ picture sleeve.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I cant seem to "google" my Tim Dog Fuck Compton Kutmasta Kurt Megamix promo 12" w/ picture sleeve.

I'm googling for raers right now.

Posting on waxidermy kind of put an end to some of my ungooglable records. Now that shit comes up top search. Better make sure it's a riveting review hey

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    "Introducing George Freeman Live With Charlie Earland Sitting In" from around 1970 on Giant Step, a tiny Philly label which put out probably only a handful of records so not a private press just a forgotten one. Yes, it's George Freeman of Bump fame (Von's brother) but there's nothing out there on this record at all and Ashcrock was the only Strutter I found who'd had this. When I come to sell it believe me I'll lay on the rarity aspect since the music really isn't great.

records that are good enough to keep too?

records that are good enough to keep too?

Well, records that are good enough to keep until I can find more!

And no S**** you're not going to trick me into naming names...

• incredibly difficult / literally impossible bands to google:

1) !!!
    2) The The
    3) All

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    "Introducing George Freeman Live With Charlie Earland Sitting In" from around 1970 on Giant Step, a tiny Philly label which put out probably only a handful of records so not a private press just a forgotten one. Yes, it's George Freeman of Bump fame (Von's brother) but there's nothing out there on this record at all and Ashcrock was the only Strutter I found who'd had this. When I come to sell it believe me I'll lay on the rarity aspect since the music really isn't great.

At least two google hits for that one.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    Russ Emery "The Jogger".

don't sleep.
    multiple covers on that one even.

• Can't google this one.

• well if i name them here, then it'll show up on google at some point.

but i found a pretty late 70s/80s private press electronic record, totally predates all that autechre/aphex twin stuff. no info anywhere. currently trying to track down the artist. too bad he has a very common name, makes it rather difficult.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I find shit that can't be googled on a weekly, if not daily basis.

That's where the fuck it's at right now. I buy anything that is totally weird and off the charts. 75% of the time it pays off... the other 25% it is Russ Emerson "The Jogger".

Here here... although my conversion rate isn't as good as yours. I'd say 10% of the time it pays off, the other 90% is Dan Fogelberg. Worth the hunt for that 10% though.

DJ Ferrari

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

from 1970 name of the artist is "Scoop" Nisker

Tracks have names like "Modern American Orgasm" & "Conspiracy"

• great thread. I'm always intrigued by these records myself.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    What if the only google hit comes up with:

http://www.zeiger.franken.de

Does it still count?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    One name that never ever turns up is Yilmaz Saniel. Wrong spelling? How can a musician not be googled?

Many German records can't be googles. Some early Jazz and budget label pressings. As well as European private pressings.

• Wouldn't posting a non-googlable record here make it quickly.... googleable?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Posting on waxidermy kind of put an end to some of my ungooglable records. Now that shit comes up top search.

The jig is up. no more

• Finding info on the first Mother's Finest album from 1972 has been driving me crazy. Everything in google and allmusic starts in 1976. It's like this record never existed even though it's on RCA.

SONIC

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Boscoe really gets no hits.

It gets some. Apparently some guy is working on a reissue. It was in some news article (don't remember the date).

Just gotta know how to dig in them search crates.

It gets some. Apparently some guy is working on a reissue. It was in some news article (don't remember the date).

Can you show me some links?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Not true if you know what label it's on. Did you get yours yet?

DJ Ferrari

Can you show me some links?
    This was a while ago after spending quite a long time trying to find information on it. I think I searched things like "Boscoe band" "boscoe chicago", "boscoe political funk", and there is a 45 on popsike, try some of the artists on there.

The news article was about a local musician/collector. During the article, they were saying that he is working on a reissue of "politically charged funk group Boscoe" or something along those lines.

There wasn't a lot though. No pictures.

Not true if you know what label it's on. Did you get yours yet?

DJ Ferrari

Kindom of Chad.

And yes.

All I found was something about the guy from Hefty Records claiming he was going to reissue it back in '03.......

All I found was something about the guy from Hefty Records claiming he was going to reissue it back in '03.......
    I figured it was an old news article.

I wonder whatever happened to that reissue.

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    incredibly difficult / literally impossible bands to google:

1) !!![/b]

Chik Chik Chik

Outhud.....

• Looking for a record on Banyon, couldn't find much. It's not in front of me, so I might be spelling it wrong. Anyone wanna yell?