japan story nrr

magpiemagpie 160 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
so when i got back from vacation in Los Angeles i had some records/packages delivered so i left a box outside my apartment to throw paper and plasticwaste in, i got home the second day from work and the area outside my door, the door and the doorknob was all sticky, someone had sprayed juice (i think/hope) all over, so i wiped it up as best as i could. i thought it was the guy next to me on the left (weve had some probs,mainly him bumping his techno/trance/??? music numerous times from 3am to 5am when i have to get up at 8am...i need silence when i sleep, its fucked up but its my reality... so i asked him numerous times to turn it down, each time less polite than the last, and him ignoring me ... the final time...3months ago??.. had me banging on his door calling him a pussy-ass bitch and basicallythreatening to assault him...we have a history...i hatepeople from ohio) but what could i do, i didnt see himdo it, so nothing happened, cleaned it and tried to forget about it. a couple days later i came home andthe box was on its side in front of my door with a little trash spilled out. took 2 seconds to clean,but i was fucking pissed, but again no eyewitness.so let me set the scene--a couple days later, about 10pm:i had been doing some laundry (in another building),i was in my room, and i left to put my stuff in the dryer,when i walked out my door there was this middle-agedjapanese lady (who lives 2 doors down) standing by the stairwell, about 5 feet from my door, usually the building is empty, so when i walked out of my room, she kind of startled me,so i said "hey" and started walking past her, when i noticed shewas holding a paring knife at her side, i turned around and looked at her, she was bout 6 feet away, and was like WTF? (silently) she said something in japanese angily , and brought the knife up and kind of jabbing it at me in theair, i started backing away and she began walking towards me, so i turned and ran down the hall pastthe toilets, around the corner to my new zealand friend fiona's room, went inside, locked the door and told her that crazy lady (shes kind of infamous,she spits at people,hisses, flashes) tried to attack me with a knife, fiona thought i was joking , because i was smiling,but when i told her to call the apartment manager she knew i was serious, so she called him, he said he would call the police, fiona and i talked about it for a couple minutes, then i grabbed a frying pan and went outside, walked toward the toilets and there was this cute japanesegirl sticking her head out of her apartment seeing whats going on,so i said "some lady has a knife", she said "a knife?", "yeah",pretty soon there were about seven of us (3 westerners, 4 japanese all in our 20s except me) by the toilets, talking about teh lady"where did she go, where are the police, etc.", i walked to the stairs, heard something on the first floor, walked about halfway down and saw the old lady psychoing someones door, went back near the toilets and told them i sawthe lady downstairs, just the she reached the top of thestairs, looked at us, and started running at us with the knife, everyone broke and run (like the running of the bulls)scattering into rooms, i waited until the lady was about10 feel from me then i ran too (even though i still had thefrying pan), she was vacant which kind of spooked me, as i ran into fionas room and close/lock the door, the lady wastrying to open it, a little tug of war was occuring, fionawas pleading "lock the door" im screaming "fucking help me" but i got the door closed and locked. we talked aboutit for a few minutes, maybe 15 minutes since we called the police, so a lot of "where the fuck are the cops" sticking our heads out the window saying "help", finally my curiousity got the best of me and i stuck my head out the door, saw the cute japanese girl, walked a couple feet out, i said "where is she" , "i dont know...(toiletdoor opening)...SHES IN THE TOILET!!!" (wish i could replicate the sound that japanese girl made, it was hysterical), i ran back inside fionas room, cops came about 5 minutes late. a fucking gang of cops, at least 12, 2 cars and about 8 motorcycles. from fionas room we could see thecops trying to get into the old ladys room across the courtyartd (the building is U-shaped with right angles),so we went out side, stood on akind of patio and watched the cops break in her room and take her out, finally when she was directly below us, about six cops around her, she tried to break from them and was screaming some thing in japanese (about crazy sex, and too much love and sex...in that vein) but all the cops were like "hey...none of that now",it was pretty funny. finally the apartment manager gets there, classic...wearing his overcoat on his shoulders, no arms in the sleeves, like he was a pimp gangster and notthe fucking useless waste that he is. so they took the lady away and about 8 of us (tenants and manager) were standing around, talking about it, so the manager said she had done something like this before, but not as serious (WTF!). so finally i said whats gonna happen,and he said "nothing" like she was just gonna move back the next day...so i said shikataganai (basically oh well, shit happens) and all the japanese fucking busted up "ha ha ha shikataganai, ha ha ha youre funny man"im a bilingual comic!!!the lady turned out to be schizo, she moved 2 days later.the crazy bitch was fucking with my door and box (i think).this place is still a dump though, but for US$300 a month(including utilities, showers and laundry), i can deal withit, even though i make about US$35000 working six days a week as a pro conversationalist. other crazy people in this aprtment complex--[color:pink] canadian neighbor [/color] (plays trumpet at 3am occasionally, once heard him having a 3some...MMF) [color:red]canadian chick below me [/color] (plays same albumevery night for~ 3 hours, lousy accapella?)[color:purple] japanese underwear dude [/color] (sits outsidein his purple underwear (same pair?) when its too hot (stay insideand open a window fool) literally[color:blue] canadian rapist dude [/color] (walks around withhis shirt off,but has chimples...chest pimples...wont take thestairs, prefersto climb down poles or lattices (lattici?)) [color:orange]screamer [/color] (nightmares? auto-fisting? cancer? i dont know...but he/she/they sound freaky) [color:black] package thief [/color] (~10 packages of minethieved (e.g. ebayrecords, magazines, birthday presents) pleaselord, let me catch him in the act...i beg you) [color:green]ohio dude [/color] (im not really the classist type...but
that dudes trash...i once saw him giving himself a sponge bath outside...use the shower, nobody wants to see youpasty, crank-stressed body) [color:brown] shower shitter [/color] (sometimes i go in there and its steamy and smells like poo!...its fucking ill..as in bad meaning bad not bad meaning good). all the old japanese dudes on death row (very few western toiletsin the complex...3?...so sometimes to use a toilet in casablaca (building name, im in kodamso) and as i walk down the hall there are3 rooms in a row on the left-hand side just before the washroom,and the doors are open so i can see into the rooms...every room has an old man (80s+) lying on there futon in a soiled undershirtand briefs shaking/coughing/hawking, watching japanese tv at an incredibly loud volume... it smells like decay around there...its weird...the complex- 4 buildings, 200 apartments is young westerner teachers, young japanese uni students and old poor japanese). [color:red] apartment manager/owner Saito aka kinky boy [/color] (50s...overall lowlife...after every western girl moves in, he tries to get them to work at his "snack bar" basically a bar where old japanese businessmen go and young girls serve drinks and chit chat while being sexually harrassed...will call said western girls at all hours just to talk...calls me mike...my names matt asshole...never around to collectmy rent...got home from work and found he had left his key to my room in the lock, room open (WTF was he doing in there) nothing missingso i kept both silent and the key...wont fix shit, so i have to fix it myself (e.g. faucet, a/c, window)...finally there was a stray cat that would hang around the complex last fall, old, white, skinny, dirty, uncoordinated, scabby, lots of old wounds, quite fucked-uplooking...but i felt sorry for it so id give it some food if i saw him (a can of tuna or some leftover chicken), pet him if he wanted me to (but always washed my hands after) cause i think if you dont have empathy for the weak, youre one step from serial-killer...my friend Khallilah from Alabama actually used to give him baths n her sink...anyways started getting cold, snowy, so the catpassed on...Saito told Khallilah that he found the cat dead, and threw it in the trash... she told me he thought it was funny and he was laughing ...asshole...so a big FUCK YOU to Saito...and as punishment im not paying my last months rent...HA!)anyways, magpie p.s. yeah that crazy bitch tried to injure me....but IM STILL STANDING!!!

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Damn mane, that is one CRAZY rant. You should introduce yourself to the board and try to make your first few posts music/record related hommie. That said, YOU NEED TO MOVE! Are you living in one of those "Gaijin houses?"
    If not, that sounds like one fucked up apartment complex. I've never heard of
    a place like that in Japan. Are you in Tokyo? Do you work for Nova or another English language school? Those schools usually provide decent housing. $300 a month for a place to live in Japan? That sounds CRAZY. I spend more than that on dinner when I'm in Tokyo. I can't imagine how fucked up those apartments must be for $300 a month, but your story is a pretty good indication. You need to either get a Japanese girlfriend and move into her place or get a room mate and get a decent apartment. I could not live in a place like the apartment you have described.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Damn mane, that is one CRAZY rant. You should introduce yourself to the board and try to make your first few posts music/record related hommie.

BC -

Agreed - deserves consideration for induction into best first post hall of fame...

I spend more than that on dinner when I'm in Tokyo. You need to either get a Japanese girlfriend and move into her place or get a room mate and get a decent apartment. I could not live in a place like the apartment you have described.

: Big 'Pimpin'' Chan