"So Wrong They're Right" 8-track documentary

bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
anyone else seen this movie? i really enjoyed it. just interviews with 8-track collectors around the country. i still can't bring myself to buy 8-tracks when i see decent ones though...

Comments

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I watched this ages ago and liked it well enough. I'm kinda surprised it got such a big dvd release, though.

It definately played a part in me looking a little harder for 8-tracks.

BTW, I've got a sealed copy of the Foster Sylvers LP with "Misdemeanor" for sale if anyone's interested.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

BTW, I've got a sealed copy of the Foster Sylvers LP with "Misdemeanor" for sale if anyone's interested.

not the time nor the place buddy.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

unless "LP" was supposed to say "8-track"

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Never seen the documentary. Bought these recently:

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Awesome! Rey, plaese to refer to the gospel thread and cop that one dollar buy it now gospel funk ish since I don't have an 8 track player. Can't wait to see this movie, I still have to borrow this from a friend of mine...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Never seen the documentary. Bought these recently:

I sold Rey one of those
    guess which one

I dunno, I give up. Which one was it hotshot?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Gary Bartz!

Thats a great record. I wish prestige had more similar records in the spiritual jazz vein and less in the mediocre organ jazz vein.

• I also got jean jacque perrey's 'Moog Indigo' (e.v.a.) but can't find it. Got it from Ray Miller a minute ago.

$??

Whoa, those are killer. More pics plaese!

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unless "LP" was supposed to say "8-track"

Whoops. Yeah...obviously I meant to say it's a "8-track" for sale.

These are just comedy joints, right? I bought a boxfull of these sealed this summer, cracked two open to listen to and keep and sold the rest. Anyone know if they're worth much to 8-track collectors?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I used to have a couple hundred, some good ones like superfly, autobahn, judas preist, ect but when people find out I listened to 'em they start giving me gangs of them. I was running out of space in a one bedroom apt. freaked out and threw them all away. I told some friends what happened and they dug 'em out the garbage. I always wanted to see that movie but it might bring back some bad memories. Does dude still put out 8-track mind?