Rep yo favorite brand foll

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Mercedes most rapped-about brand in 2005Car, gun, fashion and booze labels populate list of 100 most popular brands in year's rap hits.December 30, 2005; Posted: 1:52 p.m. EST (1852 GMT) By Rob Kelley, CNNMoney.com staff writerNEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Mercedes-Benz was the most mentioned brand in 2005's biggest rap hits, found a survey released this week. Mercedes received 100 mentions, while Nike came in second with 63 mentions and former No. 1 Cadillac took third with 62, according to American Brandstand 2005, a report by Agenda Inc., a San Francisco-based marketing firm. The report tallies which products were most name-dropped in the 106 songs that reached the Billboard Top 20 this year.Auto brands dominated the Top 10, with Bentley, Rolls Royce and Chevrolet also among the most-mentioned.A total of 35 percent of the songs that made the charts in 2005 contained product references, compared to 40 percent of songs in 2004. The top product categories in this year's list were automobiles, fashion labels, beverages and weapons.The brand which made the biggest gain in ranking this year was the pistol-maker Beretta, which debuted at No. 13 with 24 mentions.Rapper 50 Cent was the most brand-dropping rapper of the year, with 17 product mentions in 7 songs, mentioning brands like Bentley, Cristal, Lamborghini, Mercedes and Nike.It was unclear how many of the product mentions were paid placements -- advertising industry analysts quoted in AdAge said that revealing such a deal would likely undermine both the rapper and the brand's credibility.Top ten brands:1. Mercedes-Benz2. Nike3. Cadillac4. Bentley5. Rolls-Royce6. Hennessy7. Chevrolet8. Louis Vuitton/Cristal (tie)10. AK-47

Comments

• Heartwarming.

in 5 years it will be all about the brands with the most hits. Yo, you heard that new Hennessy joint featuring Remy Martin?

• Options
    2. Nike

Number two shoulda been number one to me.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Who is still rappin' about AK-47s? Those are played out!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    advertising industry analysts quoted in AdAge said that revealing such a deal would likely undermine both the rapper and the brand's credibility.

Thanks god for that. I think he's doing well enough at undermining credibility without any additional help.

• Since when are AK-47's a brand?
    I would really like to see those stats on product placement. Those must be really interesting contracts.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    where's mcdonalds?

• where's mcdonalds?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    where's mcdonalds?

While you shop on Melrose, buyin hoes shoes, I'm in Mickey D's buyin #2's

• My favorite brand of foil?

Reynold Wrap of course...

• Where's generic XXXL White T?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    that this is even a subject to be written about is very depressing.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

ok imagine a sheet of that between your teeth

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHRRRHHGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Domino's Pizza homies. Not sure if it was only an L.A thing but Waistline Connection - Chow Down.

It's the Big Boy, the real mccoy pass me an Almond Joy and a Snicker and a Twix just for chocolate kicks. Chow down after I make this call got Domino's delivery comin in 4 y'all....jalapeno squeeze....parmasian cheese....

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Domino's Pizza homies. Not sure if it was only an L.A thing but Waistline Connection - Chow Down.

Big Boy & Crew be

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

- Troop

- Le Coq Sportif

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    advertising industry analysts quoted in AdAge said that revealing such a deal would likely undermine both the rapper and the brand's credibility.

Thanks god for that. I think he's doing well enough at undermining credibility without any additional help.

me too....nice pic fiddy.