Want to review weird records???

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited December 2005 in Announcements
Slavin & I are looking to get a website going to review strange/undocumented/interesting records. this should give you a good idea of what we are trying to do Already have a few Soulstrut people who have agreed to contribute. This is all still very embryonic, so content is pretty wide open right now. We pretty much just want to give shine to good obscure records of all genres.Anyhow, PM one of us if you'd be interested in contributing. Hopefully there will be sufficient interest to get me off my lazy ass & start working on this more...

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm down to make some noise

the game needs me

• this does sound intriguing.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

site will be open in about a week. It's up right now & we are trying to get as many reviews on it as possible before that. If anyone is interested in doing this PM me and I will send you the info you need to sign up & post. So, if you you are sitting at home reading this with yer thumb up yer ass thinking "boy, I'd sure like to be writing reviews for avant garde records right about now" IT'S TIME, BITCH!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    So, if you you are sitting at home reading this with yer thumb up yer ass thinking "boy, I'd sure like to be writing reviews for avant garde records right about now" IT'S TIME, BITCH!

I want to...I have a few records in mind. BUt I dont have the time now....my thumb is not up my ass by any means*.

*But you can imagine what it would be like if it was...

So, if you you are sitting at home reading this with yer thumb up yer ass thinking "boy, I'd sure like to be writing reviews for avant garde records right about now" IT'S TIME, BITCH!

I want to...I have a few records in mind. BUt I dont have the time now....my thumb is not up my ass by any means*.

*But you can imagine what it would be like if it was...

cool, lemme know. There isn't a big hurry.

also, I hope I'm not scaring people with the "Weird" thing. We are hoping to get a large database of good music going on this site - primarily focusing on the type of stuff you won't find reviews of on allmusic, or in the review section here on Soulstrut, etc. This is not a whole site devoted to limbless organosts by any means.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    also, I hope I'm not scaring people with the "Weird" thing. We are hoping to get a large database of good music going on this site - primarily focusing on the type of stuff you won't find reviews of on allmusic, or in the review section here on Soulstrut, etc. This is not a whole site devoted to limbless organosts by any means.

yeah. and also, if anyone is interested in contributing photo-journal type entries like that 'adventures in folkways land' thread, that would be great as well. while the site will mainly be record reviews, we're trying to incorporate a 'features' section too that can house those types of things.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    BUMP

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Waxidermy site is coming along real nicely. We'll keep people updated here shortly...

• huh? hey crink, what happened to that mail item you were gonna send me. dont pull a shig.