help w/outdoor dj gig....cold!!!

axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
i'm looking for some tips/advice from anybody who's done a gig in sum 20/30 degrees type weather..yikes...records and gear don't like the elements too much :..we've got some shelter and space heaters but i'd really appreciate any storys/info from you guys..

Comments

• I've never had anything to do with outdoor gigs in the extreme cold, but I once booked DJ Ghetto for an outdoor show in Philly on what turned out to be the hottest day of the year. We didn't have a tent and there was no shade - dude was not happy. We ended up buying a bunch of beach umbrellas and having some girls hold them. I think he lost a couple records to the sun that day.

Hopefully this will be the least helpful response you get

• I've never had anything to do with outdoor gigs in the extreme cold, but I once booked DJ Ghetto for an outdoor show in Philly on what turned out to be the hottest day of the year. We didn't have a tent and there was no shade - dude was not happy. We ended up buying a bunch of beach umbrellas and having some girls hold them. I think he lost a couple records to the sun that day.

Hopefully this will be the least helpful response you get
    hahahaha...the image of the females holdin the umbrellas is crackin me up though..

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Tent action!!! but enuff to see the crowd. Or u could dj from home..............

• i've figured out the way ensure a nice warm evening....bottle o'makers mark

• i'm looking for some tips/advice from anybody who's done a gig in sum 20/30 degrees type weather..yikes...records and gear don't like the elements too much :..we've got some shelter and space heaters but i'd really appreciate any storys/info from you guys..

i did some snowboard battle gig...it was soooo cold the needles would not stick to the vinyl!
    my hands went numb and i deaded that shit..also wanted to dead the promoter.
    due to this i never got to try snowboarding.
    im not really a winter person

• i've played 3 outdoor winter gigs. 2 in colorado (copper, telluride) and one in portsmouth, nh. they had space heaters provided for us, but the shit was still cold. one of the gigs was with mike relm and he was cutting so damn fast his hands didn't have a chance to get cold.

• i'm looking for some tips/advice from anybody who's done a gig in sum 20/30 degrees type weather..yikes...records and gear don't like the elements too much :..we've got some shelter and space heaters but i'd really appreciate any storys/info from you guys..

i did some snowboard battle gig...it was soooo cold the needles would not stick to the vinyl!
    my hands went numb and i deaded that shit..also wanted to dead the promoter.
    due to this i never got to try snowboarding.
    im not really a winter person
    it is gonna be a cold winter in the bean, raw hamburger