Lets All Watch DJ AM's Career Crumble

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Nicole Richie, Fiance Call Off Engagement[/b]

Richie's publicist, Cindy Guagenti, confirmed to The Associated Press on Wednesday that the couple have split. She said the breakup had been in the works for several days, but would not give any further details.

The split was first reported by "Access Hollywood" and Us Weekly magazine.

Richie, co-star of the reality series "The Simple Life," and Goldstein, a professional club DJ who goes by the name DJ AM, had dated for a year before becoming engaged last February.

Richie, the 24-year-old daughter of R&B crooner
Lionel Richie, will begin shooting the fourth season of "Simple Life" early next year. Richie and her co-star and ex-friend,
Paris Hilton, have feuded publicly in the past year.

The new format of "The Simple Life" will air on E! ??? not Fox ??? and will allow Richie and Hilton to remain separated. They will each take turns playing a "wife" and running households, with the family involved each week deciding which did a better job.

Hilton announced in October that she was ending her own engagement to Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis.

thoughts on what will happen to him now? still get the high paying gigs? or lost in the shadows?

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    That's good he's not marrying that whore... prolly wouldn't have worked out anyways so better break it off before the fact.

I'd hate to see his career crumble, though. Not that I know him or anything or if he's cool, but I'd hate to see any DJ's career crumble because I know how hard it is to succeed.

DJ Ferrari

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Whatever the case is, I hope that dude starts taking some fucking vitamins and watches a comedy or two.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    yeah i guess it just depends on how much his popularity is based on Nicole Richie being his fiance.

has anyone heard the dude play a gig?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    A great guy and one of the sickest DJs out there, bar none.

His career might hit a speed bump but he's not really gonna suffer none. Dude was a success before he linked up with Nicole.

• Whatever the case is, I hope that dude starts taking some fucking vitamins and watches a comedy or two.

haha. I should heed that advice. e

• A great guy and one of the sickest DJs out there, bar none.

BUT COSMO.... I heard he DJs on a computer. Nobody that looks like that could possibly be the truth. Does he have deep funk crates?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    A great guy and one of the sickest DJs out there, bar none.

BUT COSMO.... I heard he DJs on a computer. Nobody that looks like that could possibly be the truth. Does he have deep dunk[/b] crates?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    on a side note, a while back he had gastric bypass surgery (where your intestines are cut out/stomach stapled) due to being severely overweight. i read an interview with him about it a year ago, where he was really honest about shit that celebrities typically shirk from. he's A-OK in my book, and i wish him good luck... besides, that richie chick could probably do okay to staple a few fried chickens to the inside of her stomach, if you catch my drift.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Yes.

After 4 Red Bulls and 2 packs of cigarettes dude was on Serato. Mixes/cuts/doubles were all on point. Probably the best dj i've heard on serato. He also had two cases of records with him and what looked like a backup hard drive. I hope his success continues...

• Also, in the "news" today...

Eminem To Remarry Ex[/b]

Rapper Eminem is back with his ex wife Kimberly and the pair are planning to remarry. They married in 1999, but split in 2001. Eminem has since shared details of their messy divorce and bitter child support battle of their daughter Hailie Jade, nine, with fans of his music. But the couple have reunited and are ready to give marital bliss a second try. The "Stan" star tells a radio station in his native Detroit, Michigan, "We have reconciled and are probably going to remarry."

Eminem To Remarry Ex[/b]

Rapper Eminem is back with his ex wife Kimberly and they pair are planning to remarry. They married in 1999, but split in 2001. Eminem has since shared details of their messy divorce and bitter child support battle of their daughter Hailie Jade, nine, with fans of his music. But the couple have reunited and are ready to give marital bliss a second try. The "Stan" star tells a radio station in his native Detroit, Michigan, "We have reconciled and are probably going to remarry."

That crazy bitch really must have dudes balls in a set of vice grips.

Eminem To Remarry Ex[/b]

Rapper Eminem is back with his ex wife Kimberly and they pair are planning to remarry. They married in 1999, but split in 2001. Eminem has since shared details of their messy divorce and bitter child support battle of their daughter Hailie Jade, nine, with fans of his music. But the couple have reunited and are ready to give marital bliss a second try. The "Stan" star tells a radio station in his native Detroit, Michigan, "We have reconciled and are probably going to remarry."

nothing like a white trash rekindled romance for the holidays

Eminem To Remarry Ex[/b]

nothing like a white trash rekindled romance for the holidays

Makes the heart warm, don't it?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    yeah i guess it just depends on how much his popularity is based on Nicole Richie being his fiance.

From what I've seen, he was fairly well established before he started tappin' Richie. At this point, my guess is that he's established and connected well enough that this isn't really going to hurt his career.

He should lose the schmoehawk, though.

• yeah i guess it just depends on how much his popularity is based on Nicole Richie being his fiance.

From what I've seen, he was fairly well established before he started tappin' Richie. At this point, my guess is that he's established and connected well enough that this isn't really going to hurt his career.

He should lose the schmoehawk, though.

the only thing that will change for dude is that he wont be in people magazine type shit anymore

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    he only really djs at fancy hollywood clubs, but he's good at what he does.

i think he should've stayed chunky, he always looks real moody

• i cant say i think hes that fresh on the tables. i heard him before. maybe it was a bad set but it didnt do much for me. im suprised to hear that some of yall like him. if anyone has a set of his thats fresh though. let me hear it to get a second opinion.

• i cant say i think hes that fresh on the tables. i heard him before. maybe it was a bad set but it didnt do much for me. im suprised to hear that some of yall like him. if anyone has a set of his thats fresh though. let me hear it to get a second opinion.

there used to be a couple of AM's sets on his website that were available as free downloads. check them out. he was .

• so that's how she stays so thin.....THERE'S NOTHING ON THAT FORK

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    What does he spin anyway?

there used to be a couple of AM's sets on his website that were available as free downloads. check them out. he was .
    i heard that one. the concorde mix. it was ok to me. not saying im hella fresh or anything but ive heard better stuff locally.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Trust me that not many people are fucking with dude.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Again what kind fo DJ is this guy? Funk, Techno, House, Hiphop,?????

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• Trust me that not many people are fucking with dude.

i see..im not tryin to hate at all. just being honest. so if yall got some mp3 of his that is fresh. let me know

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

??

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Enh, VH1 says he makes $10,000 for a 4 hour set. Umm yeah, he'll be okay.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i heard the deal breaker was when he got busted selling a beat to paris for her record (i think it featured a prominant sampling of lionel's "all night long")

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Microwave*

*serato post related sarcasm