Myintrotoletuknow

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
'Sup Strutters.So yeah, I been posting for a few weeks now. Thought I'd do the "intro" thing. I am not a DJ. I am not a producer, although I've been known to fuck with a sampler. Not really a record collector in the sense that you maniacs are. Pretty much just a music fan. Lurked around here off and on for years. I'd usually pop in whenever the record conventions hit here in Austin just to get some ideas of things to look for.I'm plugged into all the right resources for learing about new music or old music that is new to me. This place is baffling/exciting because y'all unearth whole new realms and gems for me. It's like "there is really this much more good stuff out there that I still haven't heard about"? Sweet.Also, the NRR posts are usually pretty entertaining or downright hilarious. Some good writers on here. Y'alls sense of humor can be real brutal though, so I'ma try and step w/ caution and not pull off any lil' dude manuevers (may've already done so...who knows?...kinda still trying to figure out what they are). I'll go elswhere if I need a price czech or to find out a sample (which I rarely care to do anyway..would rather just eventually here it one day).But I just wanna hear the music. Will I never truly understand the Strut if I'm content to own a reissue of something until the magical day I actually stumble across an OG?

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    maniacs

I'd usually pop in whenever the record conventions hit here in Austin just to get some ideas of things to look for.

'This place is baffling/exciting because y'all unearth whole new realms and gems for me.

so, basically, you are a bunch of t??rds that I use whenever I feel like to

• maniacs

I'd usually pop in whenever the record conventions hit here in Austin just to get some ideas of things to look for.

'This place is baffling/exciting because y'all unearth whole new realms and gems for me.

Ouch. Well, I guess that's one interpretation, although a somewhat negative one.

I meant maniacs in the most loving of ways, and one of those quotes was intended as a general SS compliment.

But I'm sorry JLR, I'll make sure to leave a long-stemmed rose and kiss ya on the cheek next time.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    maniacs

Bad monkey. Back in your box.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what up man? if you PM mylantency, he'll send you a bunch of really good records for free, postage paid. same with hcrink.

• welcome, from a fellow austinite.

• Will I never truly understand the Strut if I'm content to own a reissue of something until the magical day I actually stumble across an OG?

I believe the Soulstrut massive allows ownership ONLY[/b] as a temporary fix until said og is acquired. So your ok.