BLACK MERDA @ The Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland

caddiscaddis 26 Posts
edited December 2005 in Announcements
Black MerdaThis legendary Detroit freak rock-soul-funk band from late 60s-early 70s (Chess Records) has returned to action and has been tearing it up over the last year in their hometown of Motown with a series of amazing shows. Heavily influenced by Jimi Hendrix, Black Merda was combining freaked-out rock with soul & funk around the same time as Funkadelic (and they were sporting towering afros and wearing outrageous outfits while Funkadelic were still wearing matching suits!) They now have plans to tour the country and play the festival circuit this summer. The show at the Beachland will be Black Merda's first show outside Detroit in decades.Where: Beachlandballroom Cleveland, OHWhen: Saturday -January 21 9 PM -- $10 (all ages!)

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Does anyone live around this show? Are there records there? Would it be worth me driving like 14 hours to see this show???

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Does anyone live around this show? Are there records there? Would it be worth me driving like 14 hours to see this show???

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Someone who saw them in Detroit said they are pretty rockin live.

I say go for it. Road movie style. No, no records though.

• caddiscaddis 26 Posts
    I heard that the show was great from the band and the booking agent. Does anyone out there have a feel if poeple would be interested in going to see Black Merda in NYC?