Roommates and landlords (NRR)

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I've rented a regular apartment, rented a room out of a families house and shared a rented house and this thread http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=322548&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1 made me think of some fucked up shit that roommates and landlords have done to me or tried to do to me.

Share your stores.

1. When I was renting a room out of this families house I could tell the guy had money problems. I always saw phone bills that were 90 days past due on his counter and he always made me pay cash for rent. He was divorced and I think he was trying to hide the income from his ex-wife. I was always "Uncle Mike" when his son was around. He didn't want his kid bladding to his ex-wife that he was renting the room. He commented on how dirty my bathroom was (which you can only access from my room) and that pissed me off. Then, after giving him my 30 day notice he tries to spring some "cleaning deposit" shit on me. Fuck that. The moron had a $700 deposit check that he never cashed. I closed that account up quick. A few weeks later at my new place I ventured out into my new front yard and see that this fucking asshole had left a pile of his trash there. I almost called the city to complain about illegal dumping but I seriously didn't want this thing escalating into some stressful shit so I just threw it in my trash can.

2. When I was fresh out of my pops place and in my first apartment I made the mistake of moving in with two friends that weren't quite good roommate material. One wanted to be Bob Dylan and the other one fucking adorded him for it (not gay, BTW). So the Bob Dylan guy starts hitting the bottle and turns into this raging, I mean fucking RAGING alcoholic while he was living with me. I mean a large bottle of Jim Bean every-single-fucking-night. Even after he moved out and someone else moved in to replace him he crashed on my couch for like a week. Finally I sat him down and said he couldn't come around here anymore because every time he did he managed to couch crash.

3. At the same apartment these two mexican kids (probably 16 or 18 or something) fell into our window. I was watching TV and here this crash and look in my room and dude had fallen into my room. Turns out they were fighting in the street over some girl and they somehow wrestled their way into our apartments common area and one of them pushed the other into my window.

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I've had nothing but good experiences with all my previous apartments/landlords/neighbors...knock on wood.

If anything I probably caused more trouble than good from house parties, djing, and recording sessions back when i was making music.

My last place my friend and I threw this big ass party at our apartment. It was a quiant 4 building complex with a nice courtyard and everything, so if one place was loud everyone could hear it. ANyways we decided to write letters to each apartment telling them someone had just gotten married and that we were going to have a big party to celebrate which of course wasn't true. Day of, one of the neighbors who we had never talked to before rolls up and hands us a bottle of champagne and congratulates us, even though it was clearly unclear that anyone had just gotten married. At that time there were just a bunch of guys drinking beer. It was funny, but felt kinda bad afterward. The bottle of champagne was put to good use that night though.

• Options
    3. At the same apartment these two mexican kids (probably 16 or 18 or something) fell into our window. I was watching TV and here this crash and look in my room and dude had fallen into my room. Turns out they were fighting in the street over some girl and they somehow wrestled their way into our apartments common area and one of them pushed the other into my window

This reminds me of one time where I was headed to a bar where my friend was bartending at for the first time. I pulled up to a parking spot on this main road, and packed a bowl real quick to hit before I went in. I took a big pull and blew a monster cloud out my passenger side window towards the sidewalk, thinking I was blowing in the direction of a business that was closed for the night. The whole cloud went out my car and right into the open window of a street level apartment where the people were watching tv. Started the car and took off.

Another time I was going to hit a garage sale one weekend morning, and parked in a large out-of-the-way municipal parking field to have breakfast before the sale started. I finished my breakfast and was kicking back reading Barrons and listening to the Saturday morning reggae show, and also had a bowl packed and ready to go. Without looking up from the paper to see if anyone was was around (it was deserted and all I heard were birds chirping), I picked up the pipe, took a big draw and blew a monster out of the window into the parking lot, and then gasped when I looked in my sideview mirror and saw the entire Garden City High School girls cross country running squad coming full speed at my car, maybe 30 feet behind it. Every one of those girls ran right through my cloud.

That's what your post reminded me of.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Cosign,

I once had to room share an apartment with a total prick. This guy was studying to be a Dr. but has no clue about hygeine. Luckily I didn't have to share a room with him, but he seriously stank. He didn't take showers and didn't change his clothes. After a few days, it got really really bad. Dunno how girls put up with him, but he always had game. I'll never understand this.

Living alone and loving it, knock on wood that everything goes smoothly this year.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Unfortunately yesterday when I got home one of my roomates was having a bath and got so relaxed he decided to let it all go and took a dump in the tub.

If he wasn't my 2 year old son homey would have had to have gotten 'em up. As it was I fished the him and the poop out (son first) and broke out the bleach. I definitely don't miss having real roommates, my last one was almost as immature as my son is, and he was 33.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    bwahahaha!!

• Anyone out there ever had a creepy landlord? You know like one that would hold annual parties for the sole reason of getting college girls drunk so you might have a chance with them. And you might convince yourself that you???re still in your 20???s and don???t have really artificial looking hair and a bad comb over.

Yo, not that I know anything about that???.but that would be kind of fucked up right?