New Avengers theme / snowboy (RR)

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
So I heard this great track which is apparently produced by Snowboy called "New Avengers." that has this funky bassline and drums that sounds like a chase theme. So then I watch "Lock stock and two smoking barrells" and hear what sounds like the sample source for this track. Cool, I think to myself, and acquire a copy of a soundtrack called 'The New Avengers/The Professional" LP by a dude named Laurie Johnson. But this record does not have the track that i heard in the movie.

Can anyone shed any light on what the track is that Snowboy sampled for this and how I can get a copy of it?

Thanks.

Oh, further to my querry, I located a tracklisting for this 12" of Snowboy's track, but most of the sound samples I was able to find sound nothing like the version I heard. Anyone have this?
The New Avengers

12": TENTH 01 T (Acid Jazz UK)

1. (5:30) The New Avengers (el tocadisco mix)
2. (4:39) The New Avengers (70's funk)
3. (4:51) The New Avengers (raw deal mix)
4. (4:18) The New Avengers (concrete mix)

Comments

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Snowboy using samples?

I'll be a cover version that he produced.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Oh ok... i thought Snowboy was a producer for somne reason.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Oh ok... i thought Snowboy was a producer for somne reason.

Well he has produced the likes of the James Taylor Quartet and the Sound Stylistics.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Ok cool.
    I am beginning to understand now.

So I think to revise my question, there is a mix of a track called 'The New Avengers' that Snowboy performs. I don't know what the name of the mix is, but I do know that it appears on a Ministry of sound compilation.

There's a link to this compilation and you can hear a bit of the track on a soundlink here

What i want to know is, what is the original version of the track he's covering?