Top Funk 12 with Vocoder

McZRockMcZRock 57 Posts
edited November 2005 in Music Talk
Post up your Top Funky Lp / 12" or 7" whis Vocoder but more the Soul/Funk 1981-1984left which I mean

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    zapp and roger?

• a bit better... what u think from Windjammer II and III on MCA LP

BONNER

• my hot home player..... (1983) Dayton - Sound of Music (Capitol)

• whatz up... ? Germany knows the best ?

TYRONE BRUNSON OWNZ YOU

• (1982) vernon burch - do it to me( SRI) is a turntablel rocker

• zapp and roger?

not a vocoder, he's using a talkbox

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Go back to Herbie Hancock's 1977 Lp 'Sunlight'. They all copied him.
    Attached files

• go back to Germany 1974-76 Karftwerk is the real Master of all Vocoders in the World

• Go back to Herbie Hancock's 1977 Lp 'Sunlight'. They all copied him.

I don't remember if it's this album or another one (the song was actually on two of his albums and also a 12" I think) but the Herbie Song "I Thought It Was You" rocks the Vocoder hard. I think he released an import-only album that was recorded live in the studio or something with a version of that song that I absolutely love.

Not sure if this one was Vocoder or talk box, but "West Cost Poplock" by Ronnie Hudson was pretty fuckin' sweet too. Since it was basically a takeoff of Zapp it was most likely the talk box though.

I think that track's on Feets Don't Fail Me Now, which is the one that comes directly after Sunlight if I'm remembering right. Could be wrong but the album version of that song also has fantastic piano break half way through which isn't on the 12".

• RE: Herbie - Thought it was you.

Sunlight definately has a version on it. There is also a one-take version featuring Webster Lewis on the Direct Step LP. No version on Feet don't fail me now.

Yeah, you're quite right. Maybe I'm thinking of Tell Everybody from Feets Don't Fail Me Now. I like this LP but I think I'm in a slim minority on that score. I'm going to dig it out alongside Sunlight this evening when I get home.

• all must know this
    (1983) ROY AYERS - FAST MONEY (Melodic)and on Gold Key Recors LA.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I think that track's on Feets Don't Fail Me Now, which is the one that comes directly after Sunlight if I'm remembering right. Could be wrong but the album version of that song also has fantastic piano break half way through which isn't on the 12".

The track "you bet you love" on that lp is fire! The video is also nice, him wearing his keyboard around the neck and the small mic on the side!!

• the next bomb

CARL RAY - GIRL SO FINE - JAHMA - US - 1985

• spcspc 534 Posts
    One of my alltime top five vocoder tracks:
    whodini - freaks come out at night

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    One Way - Mr Groove

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    my hot home player..... (1983) Dayton - Sound of Music (Capitol)

There really couldn't be another record to contest this one for the title... the ext version is the essence of Funk 12" with Vocoder

• But yeah, I agree with these statements:

my hot home player..... (1983) Dayton - Sound of Music (Capitol)

There really couldn't be another record to contest this one for the title... the ext version is the essence of Funk 12" with Vocoder

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Go back to Herbie Hancock's 1977 Lp 'Sunlight'. They all copied him.

I don't remember if it's this album or another one (the song was actually on two of his albums and also a 12" I think) but the Herbie Song "I Thought It Was You" rocks the Vocoder hard. I think he released an import-only album that was recorded live in the studio or something with a version of that song that I absolutely love.
    I think you mean the "Direct Step" japan only stuff.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    SUN

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    Slave : Stellar Funk.

• hot
    (1983) Glass - Getty Up (HCRC) form the LP

• Action Band - Sexual Research (1986 Profile)

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Junie - "Super J"

• Junie - "Super J"
    Junie Morrison : from the LP The Westbound Years

• PRIME TIME - GIVE IT TO THE BEAT

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    REAL GERMAN HEADZ KNOW ZE DEAL