sunday diggin adventures

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
last week a friend of mine who is into records, told me of a spot here in jersey that was uncharted waters. prime cuts and i decided to deviate from our weekend diggin' schedule to hit it up. the problem is, grown folk shizz always is in effect, so we had a time limit. we hit up our usual flea market early. i surprisingly got a goose egg, prime cuts picked up a few 45s. on to the next spot. lots of clean early 70's funk 45s and 90's hip hop. i cringed as i put the OG tupac "i get around" on my portable as it was so warped and jumped my tone arm everywhere. (why couldn't it have been the bad 90's simply red records!) i did walk away with a minty copy of the crooklyn dodgers "crooklyn". so the secret spot opens at 10, and we have like 50 minutes to go through what we can. here's what i got, and here are a few pics (cameraphone) of the place. we are definitely going back. here's what i pulled out so far:the ambers- soul in room #401- jean alithia recordssugar billy- super duper love (are you diggin' on me)- fast trackmighty tom cats- soul makossa- paul winleyjackie moore- singing funky music turns me on- kayvettezz hill- i think i'd do it- mankind

Comments

• spcspc 534 Posts
    ... if I only could project those pictures into a dream ...

• i like your bald head and beard ala shel silverstien raddness... rock on dude.

• only 50 minutes? crazy, that you have the time to sit down

• spcspc 534 Posts
    i like your bald head and beard ala shel silverstien raddness... rock on dude.
    Sorry, you misunderstud me, I meant dude only.

• only 50 minutes? crazy, that you have the time to sit down

yeah, thats gonna be when i have a 4 to 5 hour block of time to devote to it. there was crazy shit, sealed 90's hip hop, and a grip of 45s......

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Last night I found a crate full of early 90's R&B albums all mint for $1.95 each if you're into that sort of thing. But I also found another copy of Biz Markie's "Vapors" 12" with the dub on the flip and also an EPEEMD You're A Customer" 12" in minty fresh condition. That's about it for my Sunday dig.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    yea prestige! we got to go back to that spot and chisel away some more. Shotgun on any first family albums though!

• i told the story last night when i picked wifey up from work...young bucks are like: "where is this place?" i replied: "after i clean it out, i'll tell you......"

stay tuned