LISTENING TO RICHARD BRAUTIGAN (mp3)

awallawall 673 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
ripped this by morrocco mole's request for this last record day but never got to post it to the public. so here you go: Richard Brautigan - Listening to Richard Brautiganif you're not a fan i probably wouldn't fuck with this. unless you really like poetry or something.

Comments

• Totally cool!
    I've been meaning to get this but never got around to it.
    Can't wait to give it a listen!
    Thanks!!

So, do you have a favorite by him?
    I'm torn between "In Watermelon Sugar" and "The Hawkline Monster."
    There's some lines in Hawkline that just bust me up!!

• For you information junkies, this album was originally meant for release in 1969 on Zapple Records, the short-lived (two albums) subsidiary of The Beatles' Apple label. A catalog # was designed and some early acetates are said to have been pressed, but it also coincided with Apple falling apart as a mulit-media company. Zapple was the experimental side of Apple, and Brautigan was an extension of that. Fortunately, the album was released a year later on perhaps a more appropriate label, Harvest.

I would consider it more along the lines of the Music From The Body[/b] album by Roger Waters and Ron Geesin, in terms of on location recordings.

• Does the LP mention who's doing the reading because I read somewhere that it was someone other than Brautigan and that voice certainly doesn't sound like what I pictured that hippy cowboy poet would sound like?