Happy Record Day - I :heart: This Record

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central

I can't remember who I copped this off. But thx a ton! I know this is a fav of a couple of other people on the board (Some good convo's over it). I use to always want to pick up a OG copy from Aki, but thought I would come across it another way. Never have...

A couple of quirky thoughts tho about it:

Best "Howl" in a funk song - In the middle of "Evolution"
Best starts off like a Blue/Soul track and pounds into a funk tune - "Your Mind"

Best all time lyrics - "Natural Juice" - "Some people get off, on a needle. Some climb into a bottle. Then there is the thumb and blanket. But the ultimate pacifier is a warm wet nipple[/b]"

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I just copped the 45 of Funky Junky / Conversation (? can't exactly remember the title of this tune) from davesrecords. Are there any other 45s from this album? Hopefully, of Evolution?

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    I just copped the 45 of Funky Junky / Conversation (? can't exactly remember the title of this tune) from davesrecords. Are there any other 45s from this album? Hopefully, of Evolution?

Yes, Evolution is on 45.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    yes, dope album.

• location,....

I better post my ish soon

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I had a chance to cop this a couple years ago and passed. Oops.

I like alot of this record but there's some vocal parts that kind of remind me of nails on a chalkboard.