HIPHOP Top 10 2005 (RR)

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Here is my top 10 list, don't matter if album or single track....Kanye AlbumCommon AlbumEdan AlbumRoll Deep Crew - AvenueLil Kim - Lighters UpBootybouncers - Fame & MoneyGame-The DocumentaryVarious - This is Melting Pot Music (Strutters in the House!!!!)Medina Green - Medina Green Giants (ill Beatminerz production)Dangerdoom Album and on a funknote, the single of the year for me would be:Ernie Hawks & The Soul Ig's - Soulful Trip (not really HipHop, but damn funky)what r your favourites of the year so far?

Comments

• These will be on the top somewhere, most likely in this order:

1. Blueprint-1988

2. Quasimoto-The Further Adventures Of Lord Quas

3. Kanye West-Late Registration

My other picks, in no particular order:

Atmosphere-You Can???t Imagine How Much Fun We???re Having

Melt 2: A Tribute To Lisa Bonet

Little Brother-The Minstrel Show

Edan-Beauty And The Beat

Z Trip-Shifting Gears

Common-Be

Boom Bap Project-Reprogram

Blue Scholars-s/t

Archetype-Bleed For Them

Othello-Elevator Music

Mike Boo-Dunhill Drone Committee

Majik Most-Molesting Hip-Hop

Mr. Greenweedz & G.riot-G-Strings

Soundsgood-Biscuits & Gravy

Can-U-A Stepping Stone

G.U.N.-The Greedy Ultimate E.P.

Written Prisms-Ellipsis

Blackbird-Bird Eyes' View

Obsidian Blue-Freon

There's probably a few I'm missing, a lot I haven't heard. I did like the new D.P.G. album a bit too.

• cant put up a top10 list, but one man is definetly within the top3: ohmega watts. his album (debut?) "the find" is pure dope all over.

i dont feel that kanye west album. yet. maybe it'll hit me in some months. we'll see.

• Dangerdoom LP
    Edan LP
    Z Trip LP
    Fat Joe - Safe 2 Say (or was that last year??)
    Kanye West LP was alright aswell

nothing else really springs to mind

• cant put up a top10 list, but one man is definetly within the top3: ohmega watts. his album (debut?) "the find" is pure dope all over.

I wanted to review the album but didn't get a copy. People who have read my column have asked me if I've heard it yet. So far, no. Looking forward to, though.

• Mike Boo-Dunhill Drone Committee

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    cant put up a top10 list, but one man is definetly within the top3: ohmega watts. his album (debut?) "the find" is pure dope all over.

i dont feel that kanye west album. yet. maybe it'll hit me in some months. we'll see.

that ohmega watts intro is superdope, don't feel too much of the rest though....yeah forgot lord quas in my list, but then again it is always hard to narrow it down to 10 records that rock...too much coming out anyway!!! Kanye just struck me, although it might be a little overproduced, i like it very much!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    not sure about all ten yet - but this will definitely be on it -

Anonymous Twist - Royal Flush b/w Dollars In Fists

great great Toronto 12"