Titti Sotto... discography/infos anyone?

schoggischoggi 298 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
hi,

i'm just wondering if there's a discography of Titti Sotto somewhere (in the net?)or if there are any 60's/70's albums out there! possibly these are all classics and well known in the U.S. but i've never seen one...

all i found out is that he produced some late 70's/80's tunes under "pompa" productions and he sadly died at 48 of aids, july 1992!

of course "more pompa" is one of the better known tunes in the funk world as it was on one of Philips early Pure compilations.

i remember that 2 or 3 years ago an album was on ebay but if i remember right this was a very late 70's (even 80's) release... not sure anymore! i've never seen an album from that "early" period.. any help?

thanks a lot!

cheers, rainer

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    LOL SHUT THE FUCK UP. IS THIS RAJ?

- spidey

• Man - if this is a joke, this is some funny shit.

If your serious, I've looked everywhere and can't find a thing on him.

Found some little notes on him here and there. I know he did some work on SalSoul. Theres a 12" called "Super Queen" (makes a whole lotta sense...) by Cellophane that credits him as the writer of the track

I've actually learned that he's covered quite a bit. Tony Vego covers a track called "Uno Mismo" and a group called Orquesta Alto Miaz (aka Dancing In The Corn) covers his track "Yo Tengo Una Pena".

Most people I know, who do know about Titti, are all up on the "More Pompa" album. It's actually been used quite a bit on mix tapes, but the one I have that I think is pure heat is "Y Su Pompa" on Vico Records. And let me tell you, it's ALL about the cover. (I've looked and looked but I can't find an image of it on the net anywhere and I don't have a camera to put it up myself) Anyway, "Gente" is the cut.

Thats about all I have on him, you have any interesting littel facts to share, please feel free to give me a heads up.

Peep the foot action on my man.

What are those, high heel bowling shoes?

• i used to have this super rare early disco 12" by TT Sotto called "chorus line"...probably the same guy...latin-disco with breaks.

• Pompa Atomica on Vico from 1973

-jm