How Soul Strut Ruined My Class Presentation

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited April 2005 in Soul Strut
So, I'm up in front of a bunch of undergrads this evening giving a presentation on forums and how they can be used to foster discussion. Barely anyone in the class posts on them and they wanted to know what a good one looked like. I made my way over to the computer and pulled up Soul Strut on a huge projection screen that covered the entire wall while explaining that it was a place talk about music (the details would have gone right over their heads) and proceed to click on the thread about Spanish language pop loops, figuring it was safe when...

POWWW!!!

F*CK!!!

I tried to scroll past it as fast as I could when...

BLAMMM!!!

!!!

I heard a bunch of little giggles break out as I tried to click away and gather my thoughts to keep my presentation rolling, but it was too late. I hope my Prof won't take off for that, ha! Anyway, my uncharacteristic unpreparedness overshadowed the pictures, but at least I gave the kiddies something to talk about right?

I would give anything to start today over again...

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    haha. oh man.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Wow, man--sorry to hear that. Definitely not a good look.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Definitely

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I use my laptop for some training I do in the association where I work. This was a cautionary tale to always be mindful.

Thanks, Drew, I hope your day wasn't totally a wash!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Oh, this is RICH!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ooooooops.

• daaaamn man...hahaha!

i hope your prof is cool about it.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    damn that is the funniest thing i've heard in a while.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    So, I assume you won't be "eating cake with Chad" for some time, huh?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Wow, I'd be embarasses. Glad you kept your calm...good luck drew.

• OXYCONTINOXYCONTIN 115 Posts
    do you mind?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    do you mind?

"Sheeee's not just another woman, sheeeeeeeee's not oooooooooooh nooooooooooo." She's more like 4 or 5 women!!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    daaaaaaamn drew..

last summer we were going to screen this ABC special on the obesity crisis, "how to get fat without really trying" in front of 60 youthworkers (teens) and 15 teachers. my potna d128 had put the vhs tape onto dvd for me, but he had also made a 50 second video montage to go with it. janko nilivic and fatboys loops....shit was hot. so i got a dvd of his collected works so i could show the clip befoere we watched peter jennings. so my man at the controls pops the cd in and i tell the crowd that we'll warm up with a lil video my friend made. suddenly the screen goes black and diplo's "indian thick jawn" video is on a big projection screen. naked ladies and shackles and all that. so of course i go right at the machine and start unplugging every wire i see. nothing. i swear i took out every wire connected to anything, that shit kept playing.it warmed shit up allright.
    one crew of youthworkers awarded me a "masturbation kit" the next day. somehow i kept my job.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    You must work for some really cool folks to still have your job after that T*ny. Good thing it wasn't church realted or you would have been cast out for eternity.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    this should be a self realization for the homo thug that posted that in there in the first place. I just wanted to talk about FOYER, and these dudes come in postin some homo horse dudes.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    whoever glorified the manimal =

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Peter Tosh said it best: "You cyan fool da yoots."

That'll teach you to try to educate kids and make the world better and shit.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    daaaaaaamn drew..

last summer we were going to screen this ABC special on the obesity crisis, "how to get fat without really trying" in front of 60 youthworkers (teens) and 15 teachers. my potna d128 had put the vhs tape onto dvd for me, but he had also made a 50 second video montage to go with it. janko nilivic and fatboys loops....shit was hot. so i got a dvd of his collected works so i could show the clip befoere we watched peter jennings. so my man at the controls pops the cd in and i tell the crowd that we'll warm up with a lil video my friend made. suddenly the screen goes black and diplo's "indian thick jawn" video is on a big projection screen. naked ladies and shackles and all that. so of course i go right at the machine and start unplugging every wire i see. nothing. i swear i took out every wire connected to anything, that shit kept playing.it warmed shit up allright.
    one crew of youthworkers awarded me a "masturbation kit" the next day. somehow i kept my job.

I feel bad at laughing at that, but it's definitely on some "someday we'll look back and laugh" kind of shit. Glad to hear you weren't fired, though. (It's a damn hot video, though.)

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    this should be a self realization for the homo thug that posted that in there in the first place. I just wanted to talk about FOYER, and these dudes come in postin some homo horse dudes.

Hi there, sweetcheeks! I'm not really a "thug" but if that's what you're into I'll do what I can to satisfy you! (Meatyogre's a FANTASTIC name, by the way!)

I really wish I could take credit for that pic, but I was just following Soulstrut tradition and partaking in the old "inside joke" game.

Drewn: Sorry, dude. That is precisely the reason I don't 'Strut on work hours. You never know what's gonna pop up in these threads! I mean, wow, it really doesn't get worse than that, though. A certain Mexican goddess would've at least earned you some points with the males in the class!

Herm

P.S. Meaty, Spanish loops like Lu*s*to R*y & J*hnny Ol*vo are soooooo 2003. These days Russian loops are all the rage! Get with the program, comrade!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yeah, no stress anyone. It was just my fault for pulling the site up when I knew there was a risk for questionable material on it. I'm on here all the time and I should have known better. I was under a lot of pressure to back my whole presentation up and explain it from the basics. I thought they knew what forums looked like and jumped to the first one that came to mind when I learned that they didn't. As far as I know, it didn't tank my grade, but was a bit of a surprise... One of those experiences I wish I could erase from everyone's memory.

Carry on folls, just learn from my absentminded mistake!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Hi there, sweetcheeks! I'm not really a "thug" but if that's what you're into I'll do what I can to satisfy you! (Meatyogre's a FANTASTIC name, by the way!)

I really wish I could take credit for that pic, but I was just following Soulstrut tradition and partaking in the old "inside joke" game.

Drewn: Sorry, dude. That is precisely the reason I don't 'Strut on work hours. You never know what's gonna pop up in these threads! I mean, wow, it really doesn't get worse than that, though. A certain Mexican goddess would've at least earned you some points with the males in the class!

Herm

P.S. Meaty, Spanish loops like Lu*s*to R*y & J*hnny Ol*vo are soooooo 2003. These days Russian loops are all the rage! Get with the program, comrade!

hahahaha.....homo thug

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    !!!!!!AHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAALOLROFL!!!![/b]

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    heheheheheheeheheheheheheehehee!!!