Euro Deep Funk

2»

Comments

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    This came with the mail just yesterday and I thought it fitted the thread (while it's more Big Band Funk than Deep Funk):

Big band Katowice - Madrox

Also I wanted to include "Theo Schumann Combo - Hackepeter" but couldn't find a soundclip or video online.

victorbreaker said:
    I forgot this italian gem:

Didn't know this. Still can't decide if it's hilarious or terrible but for sure it's corny as hell. File under "Camp Funk".

• Not very deep at all as far as raerity goes, but on an album that Hunters for The Funkiest of Funkies probably will flip right past, so maybe deep in that sense.

• Instant Funk by Exile One is the best I could think of, funky and on a french label. group is from guadeloupe though so maybe not really euro deep funk. well worth picking up if you see it cheap tho. i got mine for a handful of euro coins.

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    Instant Funk by Exile One is the best I could think of, funky and on a french label. group is from guadeloupe though so maybe not really euro deep funk. well worth picking up if you see it cheap tho. i got mine for a handful of euro coins.

I might be wrong but I thought Disque Debs was a French Antilles label and the french issues were licensed to Sonodisc.

• pretty good 22 minutes long funk jam on this german only release. This is actually El Chicles from Belgium.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Dicky Oliver (RCA Italia)

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    docfish said:

pretty good 22 minutes long funk jam on this german only release. This is actually El Chicles from Belgium.

Been searching for this on 12" for years...it's not German only btw...there are different Dutch and Belgian pressings as well....

• disco_che said:
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    Instant Funk by Exile One is the best I could think of, funky and on a french label. group is from guadeloupe though so maybe not really euro deep funk. well worth picking up if you see it cheap tho. i got mine for a handful of euro coins.

I might be wrong but I thought Disque Debs was a French Antilles label and the french issues were licensed to Sonodisc.

Everything I have from Debs is pressed in France (at least the sleeves). Yes the head quarters was in Guadeloupe, but the French connection is everywhere.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts