Soulstrut Catnip For the Ages

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    is she called V-nasty because she has a nasty-ass Vagina?

l.

nah I think its actually her real name.

her parents were hippies.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    pcmr said:
    Racism, white girlz and oakland rap

his bit about MLK and Malcolm just reminded me of this mixtape cover:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    apparently snoop is down as well

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

check @ 0:55
    for her lyrical swag

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    pcmr said:
    apparently snoop is down as well

Well, Snoop is far and away the biggest whore in rap (Katy Perry, holla!), so that's not saying much.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Snoop gets high and cosigns everything

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    So Kreayshawn went to Albany High School...now my alma mater has her alongside Lil B and the Cataracts...not exactly a proud musical roster considering our roots (Operation Ivy and a sh*t ton of punk groups).

I just want to see the books on all this and understand which of these internet-only sensations are actually pulling in real money, who got 360d, etc. I'll bet you none of these mfers are as paid as people think.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Vnasty and kreashwan or whatever are clearly shit, as shitty as a whole host of other shit rappers operating out there today.

Really - if you are personally offended by racist attitudes and comments, what the fuck are you doing listening to rap in the first place?

For the past twenty years the word nigger, bullshit attitudes about sex, gays, whites, blacks, women, koreans etc. etc. and the glorifying of homicide and distribution of drugs have been perpetrated and glorified by a whole host of artists, white, black, underground or not.

As rap fans we would be total hypocrites to claim this has secretly offended us all this time - but we grudgingly gave it a pass as long as the perpetrators werent white (plus, lets just dismiss the producers owners and distributors of the content)- - we all listened to nwa, ice cube geto boys bushwick bill etc. etc. without blinking or giving a shit about the content.

And their shit is really offensive: to whites, blacks, women, victims of crime, cops, relatives of law enforcement officers, etc. etc. etc. So it really should not offend you if another (rap) artist adopts a similar stance for entertainment purposes, simply because they are not black. Unless you are a racist.

Now some dopey white chick who is clearly not a racist as she is enamored by black urban culture and is actively seeking out collaborations with and acceptance from black artists is getting a bunch of you upset ' because she uses the n word'.

pause.

Really, who gives a fuck? Why do you feel the need to point out the fact that some white moron in rap uses that word? there are countless others who do it as well. Does the word itself offend you? Then there should be no difference in the offence taken when it is uttered by a black or a white person. Because if it is just the fact that it is a white person using the word Nigger thats upsetting to you, as a rap fan, allow me to point out how full of shit you are.

And im willing to bet most of you pointing this out are white - Its so obviously a strained white guilt pang forcing you to point this out and publically distancing yourself from it to prove how pc and non racist you are.

plz, we get it - a white chick said nigger - OMG Im so upset - lets lynch her - now the hip white folks from the burbs have cleansed their collective guilt and proven themselves worthy and sensitive so they can continue on to listen to gucci mane or some such shit and gleefully enjoy the exact same content, which is totally ok - as long as its done by blacks. You do realize how full of shit you are i hope. Good luck with your totally superficial and ineffective stance on racism. its making such a difference.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    euroman revealed

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    spelunk said:
    I just want to see the books on all this and understand which of these internet-only sensations are actually pulling in real money, who got 360d, etc. I'll bet you none of these mfers are as paid as people think.
    Didn't Kreayshawn just get handed some large record deal off the back of that Gucci song? She's probably doing alright at the moment.

I do wonder how Lil B gets by day-to-day though.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Okem said:
    spelunk said:
    Didn't Kreayshawn just get handed some large record deal off the back of that Gucci song? She's probably doing alright at the moment.

I do wonder how Lil B gets by day-to-day though.

Well, she supposedly got a "million-dollar" deal, though I also read that it was a 360 deal. And I wouldn't be surprised if the million-dollar figure was bullshit as well. But yeah, a label did throw some money at her. I'm kinda curious how Li'l B keeps the lights on as well.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    staxwax said:
    Vnasty and kreashwan or whatever are clearly shit, as shitty as a whole host of other shit rappers operating out there today.

Really - if you are personally offended by racist attitudes and comments, what the fuck are you doing listening to rap in the first place?

For the past twenty years the word nigger, bullshit attitudes about sex, gays, whites, blacks, women, koreans etc. etc. and the glorifying of homicide and distribution of drugs have been perpetrated and glorified by a whole host of artists, white, black, underground or not.

As rap fans we would be total hypocrites to claim this has secretly offended us all this time - but we grudgingly gave it a pass as long as the perpetrators werent white (plus, lets just dismiss the producers owners and distributors of the content)- - we all listened to nwa, ice cube geto boys bushwick bill etc. etc. without blinking or giving a shit about the content.

And their shit is really offensive: to whites, blacks, women, victims of crime, cops, relatives of law enforcement officers, etc. etc. etc. So it really should not offend you if another (rap) artist adopts a similar stance for entertainment purposes, simply because they are not black. Unless you are a racist.

Now some dopey white chick who is clearly not a racist as she is enamored by black urban culture and is actively seeking out collaborations with and acceptance from black artists is getting a bunch of you upset ' because she uses the n word'.

pause.

Really, who gives a fuck? Why do you feel the need to point out the fact that some white moron in rap uses that word? there are countless others who do it as well. Does the word itself offend you? Then there should be no difference in the offence taken when it is uttered by a black or a white person. Because if it is just the fact that it is a white person using the word Nigger thats upsetting to you, as a rap fan, allow me to point out how full of shit you are.

And im willing to bet most of you pointing this out are white - Its so obviously a strained white guilt pang forcing you to point this out and publically distancing yourself from it to prove how pc and non racist you are.

plz, we get it - a white chick said nigger - OMG Im so upset - lets lynch her - now the hip white folks from the burbs have cleansed their collective guilt and proven themselves worthy and sensitive so they can continue on to listen to gucci mane or some such shit and gleefully enjoy the exact same content, which is totally ok - as long as its done by blacks. You do realize how full of shit you are i hope. Good luck with your totally superficial and ineffective stance on racism. its making such a difference.

Nigga please

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Lil B has a 360 deal with himself. I'm sure he's doing just fine.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    spelunk said:
    So Kreayshawn went to Albany High School...now my alma mater has her alongside Lil B and the Cataracts...not exactly a proud musical roster considering our roots (Operation Ivy and a sh*t ton of punk groups).

LOL at Albany's "proud musical roster"

- Berkeley High School ;-)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    staxwax said:

pause.

Uhh...yeah it is ok if black folk say it...not so much for white people. You obviously don't really get the history of the word. I'm white and I don't say it, I have no right to the word nor any right to change the connotations of the word to make it ok for non-black folks to say it. I don't listen to the raps...the only time I heard the word really is at work...the kids are always calling each other that, but they are black, so they have the liberty to use it. To say that anyone can say it just because of your little weak argument is on some "why isn't there a white entertainment televison" line of reasoning.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i am black and i honestly wish the word had never been revived/reused
    partly so we don't have these absurd arguments
    however i won't go into how ridiculous your comments are staxwax
    you sound white

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    pcmr said:

you sound white

More specifically: like a white person ass-hurt over the fact that he can't use this word

rofl

"we love the cultural exploitation of blacks, but - on the surface at least - the exploiters must always be minorities, or we become too uncomfortable" ?? the crocodile tear racism patrol.

Big shout to the gods Lyor Cohen, Jerry Heller, David Geffen, Ed Rosenblatt, Jimmy Iovine, Bryan Turner, Mark Cerami and Steve Drath.

bw

Dont worry black people, when [ white bald middle aged rap fan daniel green ] stands in front of the mirror and raps along to his favorite [ dem franchize boyz ] cd - he always makes sure to bleep out all the n words. You'll be relieved to know. He's culturally sensitive, you see.

I dont use the word Nigger nor feel the need to but I dont pretend to suddenly become offended or start grandstanding when some fool does, black or white. Especially not after shrugging off casual homophobia, sexism, racism, extreme violence etc. etc. for years and years, from all kinds of artists, in all forms of entertainment.

But I guess none of you go to the movies, listen to rap, rock or play video games.
    Yall need to grow a pair, fall back, and bask in the light of truth the god staxwax emanates. Better yourselves.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    rofl

"we love the cultural exploitation of blacks, but - on the surface at least - the exploiters must always be minorities, or we become too uncomfortable" ?? the crocodile tear racism patrol.

Big shout to the gods Lyor Cohen, Jerry Heller, David Geffen, Ed Rosenblatt, Jimmy Iovine, Bryan Turner, Mark Cerami and Steve Drath.

bw

Dont worry black people, when [ white bald middle aged rap fan daniel green ] stands in front of the mirror and raps along to his favorite [ dem franchize boyz ] cd - he always makes sure to bleep out all the n words. You'll be relieved to know. He's culturally sensitive, you see.

I dont use the word Nigger nor feel the need to but I dont pretend to suddenly become offended or start grandstanding when some fool does, black or white. Especially not after shrugging off casual homophobia, sexism, racism, extreme violence etc. etc. for years and years, from all kinds of artists, in all forms of entertainment.

But I guess none of you go to the movies, listen to rap, rock or play video games.
    Yall need to grow a pair, fall back, and bask in the light of truth the god staxwax emanates. Better yourselves.

You certainly used it in this post.

b/w

Shut your fucking face.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Oh, and hi Dolo.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    double

Make that a triple

FYL

day said:

b/w

Shut your fucking face.

b/w

No

b/w

Suck my dick, fat boy.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    staxwax said:
    day said:

b/w

Shut your fucking face.

b/w

No

b/w

Suck my dick, fat boy.

come to papa

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    blanket indifference is the real way to not be full of shit
    thanks for enlightening me
    so if someone uses the n-word and are not black i should proudly tell them
    do you brah, i don't care, i'm keeping it real by being above it all
    i want to be more like you...
    aggressively opposing perceived crocodile tears because no one handles racial denominations as honestly as you do with your proud to not give a fuck attitude...continue crusadin' and fighting the good figt

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dude is worse than the rapper. BAN.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    batmon said:
    BAN.

Clean-up on aisle 9

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    staxwax said:

I dont use the word Nigger nor feel the need to but
    you sure love to type it
    how many occurrences so far in this thread ?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:

"million-dollar" deal

The music-biz equivalent of Bigfoot. Or, more accurately perhaps, alien abduction - lots of people claim to have done a million-dollar deal, but none of them have a million dollars-worth of proof.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts