Help! Brazil Visa (NRR)

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
I know this is a stretch, but would any of you happen to be cool with anybody from the Brazillian consulate?

My boss said I could extend my trip so now I??m heading to Brazil, but they won??t let me in the front door. I??ve been waiting for a Week in Paraguay waiting for the Brazillian embassy and they still won??t even let me apply for the Visa out here. agghh..

This sucks. How am I gonna score my OG Verocai?

- Spidey

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Shit man... that totally sucks. Wish I could help, but I wouldn't even know where to start... they are quite strict about the visa. I hope you can make it in... and score an OG Verocai ;)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    What country is your passport from?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    United States

Have to get a visa in the states then. Pretty much no exception, due to reciprocity - brazilians cant get usa visas while abroad.

Alright.. I'm going to try to get ahold of my local embassy. Wish me luck!

- diego

That wont work, they need your physical passport for 2 weeks. Best chance is to be lersistant at the consulate or go to Argentina where the Brazil embassy is a bit more leniant

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    New visas or extensions are taking one week to process here at the DC consulate, and that's the expedited service with 160$ fee. No same days anymore, even for business visas.

I do this for a living. PM me if you have any other questions.

Hm... Getting this freaking stamp is much more difficult than I expected it to be. Thanks for the help fellas.

- Diego

• We met people out there who had done it from Puerto Iguazu and BA but noone from Paraguay, I e-mailed dude and he sent me this on the P.Iguazu entry process. (apparently from trip adviser)

"""Since no one has any good info posted on this procedure and the last decent info is from January and the procedure has changed, I will post the exact procedure that I just managed to complete. First of all you will need a passport sized photo and money. I'm Canadian and cost was 273 pesos but US was ~560 pesos. The consulate is open from 8am to 2pm Monday to Friday, located on Cordoba St. between El Mensu and Guarani Av. (note it is marked incorrectly on the official Missiones tourism, P. Iguazu map, way to go tourism office!). If you go to the consulate at 8am the nice gentleman will hand you a small slip of paper with instructions and tells you to return. The instructions are as follows and if you read them here you can skip this first visit and return with the form.

Instructions:

1. On the internet get to the site https://scedv.serpro.gov.br and fill out the form.

2.Print out the form after you complete it. sign it, stick photo to form.

3. Return with form to consulate, pay money, part with you precious passport.

So our hotel let us use the front desk computer, fill out the form and print the single page at the end of the procedure. Then we stuck on our photo, signed it and headed back to the office, paid our fee, handed over our passport and the man told us to return at 1:30pm to get our passport and visa back.

Note that you have to pay cash and you have to have exact amount or else overpay as we had to by 4 pesos...oh well only 1 loonie.

So you could easily do the online work before your trip and have everything ready and then just show up at 8am and hand over the form and money.

Hopefully this new info will help others, as I was searching without much luck for the procedure and it has changed since the last post from January. Otherwise, it is a very easy and efficient procedure once you know what to do.

As I type this I'm waiting for 1:30 to get the visa but it looks like it will all work out fine!

PS the visas are only for 30days, so if you need 90days then better to do it ahead of time in your home country or B. Aires"""

• Pretty sure you can catch a bus from Presidente Franco to P. Iguazu through Foz without a visa and then pick one up in P.Iguazu.

There is also a ferry which goes straight from P.Franco to P.Iguazu.

Good luck

I just talked with a buddy Rivadavia from Brazil (Moto-taxi driver) and he says Puerto Iguacu still does 24 hour Visas, and it's less expensive then Asuncion's fee. Which is currently 700,000 guarani ($175 bucks).

Cheers, thanks for the advice looks like I'm headed to Argentina on Sunday.

- spidey

Pimlicosquirrel, Puerto Iguacu was a grip of fun. I hung out with the Pirates, Jugglers, Street artists and Tattooists, and got my Visa in one day.

Now I'm in Sao Paulo and its freezing cold but the women are fucking hot!

- Diego

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    glad you made it through, go to rio ASAP

• Good to hear man. If your going to Rio consider staying at http://www.favelinha.com/en/ for a change from Ipanema/Copa. The only hostel in the favelas.