EMPIRE OF THE SUN (RR)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
STRAIGHT UP CLON POAST FOR HUMP DAYU KNOW ITWE BUILT THIS CITY ON SOULSTRUT CATNIP, THOUGHT U KNEW? THOUGHT MGMT WAS FOPPISH HIPSTER'D OUT? THESE GUYS TAKE THA PASUE CAKEWITNESS THA FITNESS:

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Eh whatever, I repped this remix hard.

Knowing Alexander McQueen's collection by year = mega pause.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Someone recommended one of their songs in that "Rock songs that bang in the club" (or some such thing) thread a little while back, so I checked it out.

It was unspeakably bad.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Someone recommended one of their songs in that "Rock songs that bang in the club" (or some such thing) thread a little while back, so I checked it out.

It was unspeakably bad.

HAHAHAHA..that was me!
    i think it's a great guilty pleasure song...it kinda went nowhere though. It was more like an extension of the MGMT shit going on last summer.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    had to dig this up after seeing them on Sat at Gov's Ball. They killed -- what an amazing show. The whole thing is just such a craze.

Not really understanding the hating on their wears....

These guys dressed pretty silly too...

So did this dude...

why all the hatt?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I dabble. Heard them for the first time last year at Lollapalooza and their live show was like Waterworld on acid. The album loses steam after like the fifth track. I remember listening to one of the dude's older projects, Sleepy Jackson, awhile back, which also had a few decent songs.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Ha! Yeah, pretty much MGMT territory with an art school / tortured poet twist but there have been some great remixes. One of the guys went walkabout just as they got big leaving the other one to carry the torch but I think he's now back. They have possibly the campest stage show this side of La Cage Aux Folles but there's nuggets of electro goodness in there somewhere.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i'm a fan. i'm all for costumes and theatrics in music. some music artists are mad boring.

homeboy is from that other group the sleepy jackson. (edit: someone already mentioned that.)

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    IDGAF Walking In A Dream is a guilty pleasure of mine.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i saw mayer hawthorne perform recently and he covered "walking in a dream" as his final song in the set. i never liked the song much, but he turned it out.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Loved the first record for the standouts.
    Saw them play live at a sunkissed festival, high as a motherfucker, and - i wont front, it was pretty much a religious experience.

Soooo the new album dropped. been jamming it pretty much non stop for two days trying to figure out if i like it.
    Songs and sound seem more condensed than on the first one.

Now im really feeling this three song sequence halfway through the album.

gving daft punk a run for their money

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    mylatency said:
    PASUE CAKE

I'll have a slice. New album is mostly more of the same, but it's a winningly enough formula for me to still phuqs.