Most Profit You've Made (Ebay-R)

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
I once copped a Sgt Pepper's LP for ??30.00 in a record shop... except it was a mono (I know of quite a few others who have stumbled across a wrongly priced mono).

Copped 50.00 profit on the bay.

I know a lot of you could piss all over that.

Rep yours.

Comments

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    from $7 to $700 on a super rare indi hiphop joint......picked up quite a few at the same time which each sold for between $100 and $400 within 2 days ;)
    but have lost out,too, thinking i would make some $$ on shit that fell well short.......lessons!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I sold all the Benny Rose 12"s I found for $2.99 each over 6-7 months, most on the bay. Think I got 7 or 8 of em? not sure what I earned over all, but def was over $1300.00. That was fun.

• #1 for me: george smallwood LP (in the motherfucking shrink) at a baltimore goodwill ($1) that sold for 800 something.
    close 2nd: http://imadeyouatape.blogspot.com/2009/12/ebay-gold.html

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Verocai from 600$ to 5100$ (obviously not me)
    :goat:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    found the Grandma's Rockers LP in shrink at a shop for 50 cents

flipped it on the bay for $730

same happened and WILL happen soon with some 50 cent modern soul 45s i found. one shot straight to $300+ and that shit was rinked too...japan is crazy

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    50p on a Dorris Henderson lp >> ??165.00. As a percentage that isn't bad.

• Damon - Song of a Gypsy.
    Copped it at a Thrift for 50cents - sold for a $1,299.50 profit.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    I haven't sold much on Ebay, but I did sell a Jedi Mind Tricks LP I got for free for $100 on discogs.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Damon - Song of a Gypsy.

:woah:

• barjesus said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Damon - Song of a Gypsy.

:woah:

Ha! yeah! I was stoked! Obviously, this will probably never happen again, but this was the story that got my entire family looking for records at thrift stores and swap meets. Everyone wants to strike gold!

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    The 2LP Reservoir Records Hijack album w/ instrumentals - bought for ??6, sold for ??95 on discogs - only put it on at that price because someone had put it on for about 200 euros

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    The game is to be sold not told

• Funky_TeeFunky_Tee 14 Posts
    Mark Capanni - I believe in miracles 7" Capitol promo from Gemm.com for 3 bucks. Sold for a grand on ebay.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Funky_Tee said:
    Mark Capanni - I believe in miracles 7" Capitol promo from Gemm.com for 3 bucks. Sold for a grand on ebay.

See now that bugs me out -- finding stuff ONLINE for dirt cheap and flipping it for crazy profit. Just doesn't register in my head completely that people who are selling online could be f*cking up so royally.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    I posted this find awhile back, but it remains (and probably will always remain) my highest grip/flip $$$ amount.

Bought a 500 count box of assorted funk/soul 45s for $50.

.10 cents -> $2325

http://www.popsike.com/Rare-Northern-Soul-Soul-Incorporated-My-Proposal-45/150222127825.html

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    the starting bid was $2325? Pretty ambitious. And in this case, it paid off.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    high_c said:
    the starting bid was $2325? Pretty ambitious. And in this case, it paid off.

Started at $1... 17 bids up to $2325. That thing was BEAT UP too!

• unityunity 179 Posts
    rkellysbabygoatsanctuary said:
    #1 for me: george smallwood LP (in the motherfucking shrink) at a baltimore goodwill ($1) that sold for 800 something.
    close 2nd: http://imadeyouatape.blogspot.com/2009/12/ebay-gold.html

Hi L*oyd! Just got done listening to the doors at wazoo!

-Modern Ge*ff

• unityunity 179 Posts
    Sorry for the thread hijack/shoutout. I made 150$ off of a Gloria Jones 45. Nothing mindblowing.

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    A whole box of nice rock records for 25 guilders (like 10 dollars back then) with an untouched copy of the Brief Encounters lp in there, complete with promo sheet signed by their manager. We sold it for a little more than $ 1000

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Got a rare Japanese garage record and sold for nearly $1500.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wouldnt even be fair to get into the random rapo records, cause that shit is absurd. but i cant even remember a non rap joint that has had the insane flippage quotient of the countless randomrappa flips. godbless.
    dont know if this made any sense

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    ELLIPSIS on Briarmeade in G+ shape. Bought it for a quarter and sold it for just shy of 3K.

tripledouble said:
    wouldnt even be fair to get into the random rapo records, cause that shit is absurd. but i cant even remember a non rap joint that has had the insane flippage quotient of the countless randomrappa flips. godbless.

no sense, given that there are plentiful examples of the non rap related flippage above

• arvidarvid 50 Posts
    Bought a Joy Division Unknown Pleasures LP on ebay for ??? 7.50 and sold it 2 weeks later for $ 386 on ebay. It was all about timing.

http://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/Details.aspx?id=220368016920

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    tokyobeats said:
    tripledouble said:

no sense, given that there are plentiful examples of the non rap related flippage above

oh yeah true, i meant for me, what ive flipped. non raps ive sold a lot of 3 digits. random raps ives sold a handful for 4 digits

tripledouble said:
    tokyobeats said:
    tripledouble said:

oh yeah true, i meant for me, what ive flipped. non raps ive sold a lot of 3 digits. random raps ives sold a handful for 4 digits

pleased to tell ones did sell figures of four! imagine can i not........really??????

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    double

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Wasn't the biggest single-item profit, but made a bunch of money off of what was basically a hustle. When that Drank stuff came out (soda pop with valerian root and a bunch of mellowing ingredients) there was a bunch of press on it nationwide, however you could only buy it in Houston and Memphis. The disributor was in Memphis and they would ship a case anywhere in the US for 51.00 bucks. So I would list the cases as a buy it now for 110.00 with free shipping. People bought them like crazy. All I had to do was call the distributor (after a month or 2 they had a web site which made it even easier) give them the adresses and pay them. Didn't have to ship or anything, just a few minutes of my time. Sold dozens of cases. Then people stopped buying them after a few months. But it was a nice gravy train for awhile.

• $400 profit on a pair of Simpson's Movie Vans.