Record Surplus Moving L.A related

MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
I was hanging with one of the employee's last night and I had no idea that they were moving???

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    !?!?! To where are they moving? He give any details?

• Yeah. Info plaese. What's teh happs?
    Please tell me Downtown. Downtown needs a record store!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I heard word in the last few months they got a new owner and I heard a lot of policies in terms of pricing changed. I don't see this move as a good thing

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    pretty shitty news if they're moving far from their current location. Burger and fries followed by a coffee at the Pan with a stop in at Record Surplus just after is pretty ritual for me.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I used to work on the same block as Record Surplus. I knew that place well.

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Guzzo said:
    I heard word in the last few months they got a new owner and I heard a lot of policies in terms of pricing changed. I don't see this move as a good thing

Meaning they will be pricing up??? I sure would be happy if the owner of Aarons bought it, now that would be ef are e es 8ch!!!!!!!!

• FleeberFleeber 7 Posts
    Only been there once since the new ownership and prices (esp in the kind of stuff I look for) are definitely up. Plus way more stuff goes to ebay now. RIP Record Surplus

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Fleeber said:
    Only been there once since the new ownership and prices (esp in the kind of stuff I look for) are definitely up. Plus way more stuff goes to ebay now. RIP Record Surplus

FUCK

• I hope they move to my neighborhood.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hasn't this store more or less been dead for a minute? Only reason I went there was b/c they had sleeves for my LPs and 7"s.