Tribe Doc (blurred out Stark Reality LP cover related)

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central

so amped for this. but what's good with blurring out Monty and fam? kinda random.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "beats rhymes and life"?

lol.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I watched this a few weeks back. I don't remember it being blurred out.

Overall I thought the doc was good. Tho I came away feeling like both Phife and Tip were acting childish and seems like many of their issues could have been squashed if they just talked to each other like men and told each other what exactly the issue or problem was. Instead of txt and not speaking or making little comments under their breath while going days, weeks, etc without speaking to one another in person face to face.

Felt bad for Ali always being in the middle.

Had very little idea about Jarobi... Good to actually get a sense of what the guy was about.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    DOR said:

Had very little idea about Jarobi... Good to actually get a sense of what the guy was about.

What's he all about?

Murdock said:
    DOR said:

What's he all about?

From the doc you get a much better sense of his roll in tribe and why he left. His close friendship with Phife and most of all he's a pretty funny dude. Swears like a trucker. Just came across like someone you would want to have as a friend...

I'm not saying I know all about the guy now. Just that the doc does a good job of showing the thoughts and feelings about someone 99.9% of fans of tribe know nothing about. I found his parts of the doc 10 times more personal and to the heart than the other members IMO.

In any case, everyone should watch the doc. Even if you're not a Tribe fan.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    are there people on this site who don't like Tribe?

i'ma stop myself right there actually - wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the case.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Woimsah said:

i'ma stop myself right there actually - wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the case.

You know a lot of the people online were born in the 90s right?

(PS there is a lot of other classic shitt beyond ATCQ they have never heard also)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I really wish this doc had -0- Crapaport in it. Stay behind the cam douchebag.

The_Non said:
    I really wish this doc had -0- Crapaport in it. Stay behind the cam douchebag.

wtf he put himself in it? how/why?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    No Rappaport in it, no Nut merking somebody in it.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Anyone got a link for this ?

Been wanting to czech it out for months.

Peace.

EDIT: I'm at work where the Tube is blocked, so not sure if the thing in the OP is the full thing.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    bull_ox said:
    Woimsah said:

(PS there is a lot of other classic shitt beyond ATCQ they have never heard also)

Well now I'm curious -- I'm speaking more about those who did grow up w/ Tribe. Are there people on here that actually dislike A Tribe Called Quest?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I've yet to meet a single person that said they were overrated.

HarveyCanal said:
    No Rappaport in it

Woimsah said:
    bull_ox said:
    Woimsah said:

Well now I'm curious -- I'm speaking more about those who did grow up w/ Tribe. Are there people on here that actually dislike A Tribe Called Quest?

well, phife was pretty weak, but no, I would never say I don't like ATCQ. they made amazing music.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    been waiting on this for a while.

just noticed in the credits that the film music is by Madlib...?

• CBear said:

With all due respect to my wife, she thinks ATCQ are TOTALLY over rated.
    Any time we are out dancing and a DJ plays Tribe she gives them the screw face!!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    CBear said:

Any time we are out dancing and a DJ plays Tribe she gives them the screw face!!

And you actually married her???????

• pointman said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    CBear said:

And you actually married her???????

Ha ha! She's more of an Audio Two type of gal.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    bull_ox said:
    Woimsah said:

Sorry - that was unnecessarily snarky (drunk-poasting-related)

Anybody around my age I know either loves or likes ATCQ as far as I know, but I do know younger people who probably couldn't name one song they did and they represent a huge swath of the population - that was my only point.