Rep. Anthony Weiner

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
he seemed like a really smart guy and i had high hopes for his career. this is not looking good. the cover-up is worse than the "crime".

the train wreck press conference:

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    As is so often the case, it's not what he did but the way he handled it.

I have to admit laughing when the Post referred to it as "The Battle Of The Bulge".

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    who?

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    So Weiner was late to his press conference, and Breitbart stood up and started taking questions. This has not been handled well.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I'm sorta surprised and bummed out a little. Seemed like he had his head on straight. Nothing crazy wrong with the initial actions other than being cheesy and crass -- but man this is a super bad look. I def thought it wasn't him and he was being messed with. Not a good look for tribal politics either :(

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    batmon said:
    who?

that will be the appropriate response in 5 years time when he is forgotten as a result of his bone-headiness.

really, politicians must be daft. can't even have a 'fake' account for his naughtiness. just like that dude in Buffalo using his real name on Craigslist to hook-up.

the hubris of these dudes to think they just can't be touched is mind-blowing sometimes. case studies for days on these dudes.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Yup, I liked this Rep. Weiner but he handled this so stupidly. I hope he can recover. What a dummy though.

what a dummy is really not doing this justice. I really thought dude was on point -- but this is idiotic to a point where it's somewhat hard to believe. I had dismissed the entire thing bc I thought to myself "well dude's not a halfwit - he would never just send some shit like that to some random person". that's not even stupid, that's something else entirely.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    on the cool, this bums me out on some real world issues too. I had just seen dude a few months ago at a rally in Downtown (with thousands of others) speaking out against the condemnation of Planned Parenthood. Dude gave a rousing speech about how he would continue to fight for continued PP funding while in the House of Reps.

when these dudes do some dumb shit like this (which may actually force them out of office) they need to realize that this dumb shit can impact a lot of other peoples lives.

fucking politicians.....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    what has he done for yall to care?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Breitbart strikes again!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I never knew nor cared about dude before, but I have to say I respect him for (finally) owning up to it AND saying "You know what, I ain't resigning. Nor is my wife leaving me."

I don't know the details, but if the ladies he sent it to were unknown doesn't that mean he was unknown (to them) too? Granted, he messed up and tried to lie about it, but still.

God forbid I ever try to run for office. I've never messed with online anonymous sex chatting, but I'd be lying if I said this new digital age wasn't fun.

• Options
    It's all very funny in a very unimportant way.

His wife's name Huma Weiner?!

WHOA.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    He could still quarterback the Vikings, no prob.

batmon said:

embed's not working here, but: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-february-4-2010/anthony-weiner

he's a well spoken, progressive, smart and (pardon the expression) ballsy rep. And, at least for me, he's one of a few jews in politics really doing his thing (one that I agree with).

He could('ve) been mayor -- a shoe-in IMO.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I just want to hear from one woman who likes receiving dong pics from potential suitors. No woman I know will admit to it, but this tactic must be working on someone or all these dudes wouldn't be getting busted doing it, right? Or do guys just like taking pics of their own junk?

Full disclosure: I am a guy who has never taken a photo of his own junk.

Woimsah said:
    batmon said:

embed's not working here, but: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-february-4-2010/anthony-weiner

he's a well spoken, progressive, smart and (pardon the expression) ballsy rep. And, at least for me, he's one of a few jews in politics really doing his thing (one that I agree with).

He could('ve) been mayor -- a shoe-in IMO.

Yeah, obvious bridge bulder there. Who wouldn't want to receive a text image from him?

Of course no woman will admit to enjoying dong pics, just like no man will admit to sending them.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    If you can lie to your spouse you can lie to anyone.

Dude seems like the type of geek that never got any tail and now that he's "famous" and in a position of power he can't handle that chicks are actually interested in him.

This won't hurt his career.....people don't care if politicians lie...hell, they almost see it as part of the job description.....as long as you're lying for their "side".

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    THESE GOD DAMN PERVERT REPUBLICANS TRYING TO LEGISLATE MORALITY AND THEN PULLING THIS SHIT??????!???!?!??!?!?!

A friend of mine was at a party a couple weeks ago showing people a phone pic of his dick that was recently damaged in a fucking incident. As far as I could tell, I was the only one who actually punched him for whipping it out (the pic, that is).

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Weiner pics are sent everyday. Nothing new...I am not in the least bit shocked. Like Rock said, it's part of a politician's job description. Where is this said pic?!

All I found was this.

Yeeeeeeps.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    A friend of mine was at a party a couple weeks ago showing people a phone pic of his dick that was recently damaged in a fucking incident. As far as I could tell, I was the only one who actually punched him for whipping it out (the pic, that is).

What better way to prove to someone you're a Dick than photographic proof!

b/w

I hope you punched him in the dick

Rockadelic said:
    If you can lie to your spouse you can lie to anyone.

Dude seems like the type of geek that never got any tail and now that he's "famous" and in a position of power he can't handle that chicks are actually interested in him.

This won't hurt his career.....people don't care if politicians lie...hell, they almost see it as part of the job description.....as long as you're lying for their "side".

Don't underestimate us geeky awkward types, holmes!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    That scrawny chest photo is more embarrassing than the pic of him pitching tent.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    asstro said:
    That scrawny chest photo is more embarrassing than the pic of him pitching tent.

Don't forget the family photos in the background!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Meanwhile any questions about Clarence Thomas wife goes silent.

X amount of money and time will be spent on this than things that should actually matter.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    elise said:
    Where is this said pic?!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Oy vaaaaaaaaaay.