End Of The World May 21, 2011

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Yep...it must be true......an Oklahoma based church has put billboards all over the country announcing May 21st as Judgement Day.

Not that I doubt this to be true....but I do have some questions....

Did the Billboard company demand getting paid up front or did they give them the usual 60 day net?

If it doesn't happen can their be recourse by the Federal Trade Commision for fake advertising?

Is there a rain date?

What will these beleivers be doing May 20th and how do I get invited to this party?

Comments

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    what happened to 2012? i don't know what to believe anymore!

• MAY 20TH, 2011 RAGER

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I find it interesting that the world will end on a Saturday.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    Oakland, not Oklahoma.
    Dude has already made at least one failed prediction that the world would end in 1994.

Next-level numerology though:

1. According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".
    2. Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
    3. If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
    4. The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.
    5. 51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
    6. (5 x 10 x 17)^2 or (atonement x completeness x heaven)^2 also equals 722,500.

• dwyhajlo said:

Dude has already made at least one failed prediction that the world would end in 1994.

He forgot to carry the 1!

dwyhajlo said:
    Oakland, not Oklahoma.

The Billboards in my area were paid for by these nuts.....

Christian Group Predicts End Of World-Group Guarantees May 21 Judgment Day
    KOCO ^ | January 4, 2011

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A Christian group said Monday night it believes the end of the world is on May 21, 2011.

Tom Evans, the group's spokesman, said he believes Harold Camping -- the president of Family Stations, Inc. -- has mathematically computed judgment day based on signs from the Bible.

"We believe that God has built into the Bible a timetable of events," Evans said.

The group has put up a website, familyradio.com, to make its prediction known.

Evans said the group has started a national movement to let people prepare for the end of the world. In Oklahoma City, a billboard paid for by the group reads "Noah knew."

"It took Noah 120 years to build the ark, and during that time Noah was telling everyone God is going to bring a flood. Only eight people survived the flood," Evans said.

• Family Stations Inc. has a number on the AM dial here in California. Anytime my wife and I are driving through the Central Valley we try to find the station so we can tune in and listen. The Reverend Camping has a call-in radio show and it's amazing to hear the outrage directed towards this guy even within the Christian community! Part of his end of the world preaching instructs people to stay at home to wait for the rapture and no longer congregate in church. I've heard pastors and other reverends call in and curse out Camping, accusing him of being the anti-christ because he is encouraging people against going to church. We've both been wondering how Family Stations Inc. runs their books. Does their budget just end on May 21? There's no way they could account for anything beyond that date! The whole thing is totally fascinating and the fact there is a definitive "end date", and it's less than a month away....

• Options
    I'll bet these dingleberries are still paying their cable bills.

• I see one of those billboards at 24th and Valencia every morning. It depresses the hell out of me to think that some people believe it, and even more to think that it's an intentional scare tactic.

In related news: Counteraction!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    I see one of those billboards at 24th and Valencia every morning. It depresses the hell out of me to think that some people believe it, and even more to think that it's an intentional scare tactic.

I've got one of the billboards right by my apartment. This dude also has a van with this craziness spelled out on it--he was next to me on the highway a couple weeks ago. It has to be seen to be believed.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    i really want to DJ a "rapture party"

• cookbook said:

What would play? "Rapture" by Blondie? or is that too obvious?

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    "It's the End of the World as We Know It" by R.E.M.
    Should be its own thread.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    dwyhajlo said:
    Oakland, not Oklahoma.

1. According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".
    2. Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
    3. If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
    4. The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.
    5. 51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
    6. (5 x 10 x 17)^2 or (atonement x completeness x heaven)^2 also equals 722,500.

The years in the Bible are based on the Hebrew lunar calendar.
    Any calculations done with the pagan Roman calender would be inaccurate.
    Ok, now we can breath a sigh of relief.

b/w
    I know the end is coming in my life because the Bible says, This generation shall not pass.

The "End Of The World" happens to 155,000 people every day.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    well that sucks, i graduate the next day.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    My position May 22nd will be that the Rapture did happen, but none of the people these corrupt fu??ks know were taken up. It will probably be just a handful of kindly old ladies that no one pays attention to who are pure enough to join the Savior before the end times. Sorry, kids; enjoy the Apocalypse!

Many times these end of the world predictions wind up resulting in suicidal self fulfilling prophesies.

b/w

If you go to a Rapture Party don't drink the Kool-Aid

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    cookbook said:

I'd settle for a Raptor Party.

• It's about f*cking time...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    day said:
    cookbook said:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i have a six hour exam that day so i wouldn't mind if the world ended before i took it but it would definitely suck if it ended like right after i was done

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Saw this in the subway here in Toronto last week.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    day said:
    cookbook said:

The circle is complete.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    can't wait !

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP Harold Camping

• BobDesperado said:
    I'll bet these dingleberries are still paying their cable bills.

And just for laughs: