Donald Trump for President!

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited February 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
so this is one elaborate joke right?

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    dude was in Memphis this past weekend..he actually had a really great idea of turning our empty Mid-South Coliseum into a wrestling museum with Jerry Lawler. Unfortunately with Trump involved it will turn the neighborhood into a gold-plated hemorrhoid.

He's pretty much a jackass...I dont know if he is delusional to the point of thinking he can win, or savvy enough to know this is great publicity for his stupid show.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Definition of douche - but I am rather impressed that he put Laguardia on blast and they're already responding / working on improvements.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

"I wish I didn't have to do it."

- The Donald, on running for President.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i feel this has to be a publicity stunt for ratings/notoriety.

for instance:

- who brings up the birth certificate 'controversy' up 4 years later?
    - "i have a great relationship with the blacks"
    - makes hilarious accusation that Bill Ayers wrote Obama's biography

the joke has to be on us

i hope.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Whooooooo0000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0000ooooooosh

• Options
    Just another sign of how decrepit and demented the Repiglicans are these days. That this cheesy circus clown can be leading their polls after a couple of weeks running around spewing racist birther bullshit means the party of Lincoln and Eisenhower is completely dead.
    Duderonomy

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Palin turned politics into a reality tv show. Trump is cashing in.

I see a few different types running in 2012.
    The all out and fringe reality tv types, Trump (all out) Huckabee (fringe).

Those who see this as there last best chance, Romney.

Those who are setting things up for 2016, Pawlenty.

The smart ones (Mitch Daniels) are sitting this one out.

I happen to like Huckabee. I think he is honest, funny, cares about the poor.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Declare bankruptcy and discharge all our debt to the Chinese.

Done and done.

It's not an end. It's a new beginning.

The Rs want to run government like a business, and that is the way Trump has run his.

• Options
    LaserWolf said:

He's just another malignant piece of shit who plays an amiable dude on TV. Here's the real Huckabee:

Malzberg: "Don't you think we deserve to know more about this man?"

Huckabee: "I would love to know more. What I know is troubling enough. And one thing that I do know is his having grown up in Kenya, his view of the Brits, for example, very different than the average American. When he gave the bust back to the Brits -- "

Malzberg: "Of Winston Churchill."

Huckabee: "The bust of Winston Churchill, a great insult to the British. But then if you think about it, his perspective as growing up in Kenya with a Kenyan father and grandfather, their view of the Mau Mau Revolution in Kenya is very different than ours because he probably grew up hearing that the British were a bunch of imperialists who persecuted his grandfather."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2011/03/huckabees_kenya_clarification.html

• Options
    sabadabada said:
    Declare bankruptcy and discharge all our debt to the Chinese.

Done and done.

It's not an end. It's a new beginning.

Yes, because the serious and sensible way to move forward in the 21st century is to make China a justifiably bitter enemy.

And after that, random bombing runs on India and Russia, just to show them who's boss.

BobDesperado said:
    LaserWolf said:

He's just another malignant piece of shit who plays an amiable dude on TV. Here's the real Huckabee:

Malzberg: "Don't you think we deserve to know more about this man?"

Huckabee: "I would love to know more. What I know is troubling enough. And one thing that I do know is his having grown up in Kenya, his view of the Brits, for example, very different than the average American. When he gave the bust back to the Brits -- "

Malzberg: "Of Winston Churchill."

Huckabee: "The bust of Winston Churchill, a great insult to the British. But then if you think about it, his perspective as growing up in Kenya with a Kenyan father and grandfather, their view of the Mau Mau Revolution in Kenya is very different than ours because he probably grew up hearing that the British were a bunch of imperialists who persecuted his grandfather."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2011/03/huckabees_kenya_clarification.html

I didn't say he was well informed.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    trump is a boss

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Trump is a modern day P.T. Barnum.....his self-promotion game is unfuckwithable.

edith head said:

You do know what this is really about, don't you?

It has nothing to do with Obama being born in the United States.

It's about whether his religion listed at birth is 'Muslim', because if it is and that info gets out, Obama will have very little chance of getting re-elected.

It's sleazy and cynical, but also effective.

Horseleech said:
    edith head said:

It's about whether his religion listed at birth is 'Muslim', because if it is and that info gets out, Obama will have very little chance of getting re-elected.

I think the whole Birth Certificate thing is BS.....and I agree with Leech on the motives two years after he was elected.

BUT

What is really not a good look was the new Governor of Hawaii stating after he was elected in November that he was gonna put an end to this bullshit once and for all and produce a Birth Certificate that even the crazies couldn't dispute only to claim after he was in office. "Ummm...I can't find it".

Huh??

• Options
    Horseleech said:
    edith head said:

No, it's not. Polls show it turns independents off, and even sleazebags like Rove, Coulter and O'Reilly want no part of it because they know in the end a birther candidate would be a disaster.

It's a good way to get quick support on the GOP side because a majority of that degenerate crowd is buying the birther stuff, but that only gets them so far.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    What is really not a good look was the new Governor of Hawaii stating after he was elected in November that he was gonna put an end to this bullshit once and for all and produce a Birth Certificate that even the crazies couldn't dispute only to claim after he was in office. "Ummm...I can't find it".

Huh??

That's not what happened.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/22/hawaii-law-bars-release-of-obama-birth-certificate/

I think Huckabee's stupid statements about Obama/Kenya/Winston Churchill hurt him far more than they did the president. He just ended up looking foolish and his chances as a political player on the national scene were diminished.

I think someone told him all that stuff and he believed it and repeated it.
    Which is what makes him more fun than these other calculated politicians.
    Like Gingrich, who made similar statements about Obama having an anti-imperial world view because he grew up in Kenya. Anti-Imperial!?!? What would the founding fathers say?

• Options
    LaserWolf said:
    I think Huckabee's stupid statements about Obama/Kenya/Winston Churchill hurt him far more than they did the president. He just ended up looking foolish and his chances as a political player on the national scene were diminished.

I think someone told him all that stuff and he believed it and repeated it.
    Which is what makes him more fun than these other calculated politicians.
    Like Gingrich, who made similar statements about Obama having an anti-imperial world view because he grew up in Kenya. Anti-Imperial!?!? What would the founding fathers say?

I don't think Huckabee is stupid, and I don't think those comments hurt his chances of winning the GOP nod at all. (Though I don't think he's running.)

All of the GOP candidates this year face the fact that their party has gone crazy and they'll have to make goo-goo noises of one sort or another to appeal to the mental patients. Some of them don't mind because they're mental patients themselves. (Bachmann, Palin.) Some don't mind because they have no real principles at all. (Romney, Gingrich.)

I think the biggest problem facing the GOP is that they will face an incumbent Pres who is a good campaigner.

The next problem will be the GOP budget and their attempt to gut medicare.
    But that might not play because chances are they will reject that budget like a hot potato in the coming weeks/months.

Even with out that by Nov 2012 people will want big government to keep their hands off their Obamacare and all of the Rs are on record as wanting to repeal it.
    Which is why the smart players are waiting for 2016 or just trying to build name recognition.

I think Romney might think he has a chance at the nomination and improving his chances for 2016.
    I don't know what Gingrich is doing. co-sign on those 2 having no principles.

BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:

Huh??

That's not what happened.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/22/hawaii-law-bars-release-of-obama-birth-certificate/

"State Attorney General David Louie told the governor that privacy laws bar him from disclosing an individual's birth documentation without the person's consent"

So the Governor spoke out of turn, didn't have the authority and they won't/can't get permission from the President to just release the document the Governor says will shut these Birthers up??

If the reason is to just give these nuts more fuel for their fire, it's working.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    So the Governor spoke out of turn, didn't have the authority and they won't/can't get permission from the President to just release the document the Governor says will shut these Birthers up??

If the reason is to just give these nuts more fuel for their fire, it's working.

And I hope it keeps on working. Every time a birther opens his or her ignorant mouth it improves Obama's chances for re-election. He has absolutely no reason to capitulate to the demands of insane wingnuts who won't be happy no matter what he releases. He has produced a birth certificate that meets all legal purposes and that's all he has to do.

NYT lines the gop hopefuls up here:
    http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/candidates

The ones I think can win the nomination are Pawlenty, Daniels, Santorim, and Romney.
    Except I don't think Daniels will run.

I would say 5 of them are jokesters or a joke.

The other 3 are delusional if they are serious.

BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:

And I hope it keeps on working. Every time a birther opens his or her ignorant mouth it improves Obama's chances for re-election. He has absolutely no reason to capitulate to the demands of insane wingnuts who won't be happy no matter what he releases. He has produced a birth certificate that meets all legal purposes and that's all he has to do.

I'm from the school of shoving the truth up your ass.....so if I was Barack I would do just that.

LaserWolf said:
    NYT lines the gop hopefuls up here:
    http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/candidates

The ones I think can win the nomination are Pawlenty, Daniels, Santorim, and Romney.
    Except I don't think Daniels will run.

I would say 5 of them are jokesters or a joke.

The other 3 are delusional if they are serious.

The NYT thinks Ron Paul could run as a Republican?

Marco Rubio is a dark horse who wasn't even on their list.

• Options
    LaserWolf said:
    Santorim

That might be the most appropriate typo ever.

http://santorum.com/

A year ago I think Rubio was a front runner, now he has faded.
    I think if he got up and got in he would have a good a chance as any.

Ron Paul has run as president, no reason he can't do it again.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    edith head said:

Is there a box on Hawaiian birth certificates to indicate religion "at birth"? I don't know that there is.