DB Cooper
    Batmon
    Funky 16 Corners
    Big Stacks
    Laser Wolf
    Holmes

"hell yes, i cheated..."

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    There will be a lot of legends at the Night Owl Record Show tomorrow night.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Pickwick...

Has to be in my Top 5......we have so many things in common musically that I feel I've already met him.
    ditto

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    also cosign funky16corners, we could have a massive 45 session, it would be epic!

• here are some posters i'd like to meet off the top of my head...

-musica del alma: i want to get schooled on latin funk by him

-hi c: a man whose generosity is outstripped only by his wit

-big stacks: we seem to like alot of the same stuff and he seems real chill

-rockadelic: i want to get wasted and argue poltiics and bullshit with him one day

-tonytripledouble: guy is a class act

• I've already met Neville C since he owns Som Records and I frequent there from time to time, and he's just chill and cool to be around.

People I'd like to meet are so many. Just so many different characters in the Strut that it's hard to just pick five, but I will.

Big Stacks- the man's posts are legendary. I'm always inspired by what he drops down.

Faux Rilz- if it didn't belong to Don Rickles already, I would've nicknamed Faux "Mr. Warmth."

HarveyCanal- I don't know why, but I just do. That's interesting enough for me.

Rockadelic- I'm a fan of stories, and I'm sure he has more than just quite a few to tell.

Batmon- I simply love that name.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    soulstruts cuddle party in full effect today

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Faux Rilz- if it didn't belong to Don Rickles already, I would've nicknamed Faux "Mr. Warmth."

you missed your chance to bask in teh heat of Mr. Warmth when he graced Saint-Ex like a month ago.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    so it seems the same 20 people want to meet each other, and everyone else want to meet those 20.

• DB_Cooper said:

........ who's going to be crashing on my couch at some point this baseball season and spouting some silliness about the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays! Adorable.

like i'm NOT bringing you a [del]foam finger[/del]. 1992 WORLD SERIES PENNANT

db_cooper: one of the most mentioned names in this thread, so i'll just go with it.

okem: dude's tastes are irregularily aligned with mine, from youtube videos, new music posts, photography styles, you name it. figure that'd make for a pretty good hang. that, or we would absolutely hate eachother on some highlander type shit.

"the three meanies" [harvey canal, faux_rillz, batmon, et al]: when it comes to REAL LIFE MOVES, i tend to gravitate towards people who are a little mean. i'll bet green money that every person who's met these cats would vouch for their friendliness blah blah blah something about 'online personas'......

RAJ: the creator. soulstrut didn't save my life, but if he asked nicely i'd probably help him move. [unless i'm busy that day..... which..... i am]

anyone who would sing along to "sister christian" by night ranger if it came on the radio, make fun of someone wearing crocs, go record/shoe/knife/cupcake shopping with, ................ i tend to get along with most everyone though.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    People describing Batmon as a hater and a meanie is confusing me.

• OH, and ........

teh_gaffleur - dude makes me laugh.

pcmr/DOR: only lumping these two together because they're the montreal contingency. two [seemingly] very different people up in here, but both in their own knowledgable, funny or accomodating way. i'll see you cats at some point, i'm in your hood like ten times a year.

bassie: i have to come clean about something: when i first starting posting here, she was the only person kicking toronto game in posts, so i figured i'd holler and see what's good. except that i hadn't taken the time to establish that she wasn't a he. this place reads like a boys club, we know this. i shot off a PM asking if she [then, in my a head, a he] had a weekly night going, what hood youre in, ray ray ray, that sorta jazz..... and like a week later it dawned on me. after revisting the PMs, it totally sounded like i was kicking some of weakest private message game ever. sorry i thought you were a dude for a week, and i'm still on your hot buttered soul mailing list with intentions of one day showing up.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lol - not at all. seriously. it sounded like what you were asking, nothing creepy or untoward at all.
    cool - I'll keep sending you the emails!

(DOR is Toronto people, too!)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:

DOPE

• batmon said:
    bassie said:

DOPE
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    i've met a buncha strutters but I suppose I would like to shoot the shit in person with Rock, Frank, Soul on Ice...hell, a lot folks on here.....

...and breadwinner to see if I can see how I spark such nerd rage in him...and then make him even madder and watch him get all shaky and red. That would be fun.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    wait... didnt we just have a thread like this about a month ago? i figured someone had brought that thraed back.. i was going to review my answers, haha

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Dolo.

fckvwls said:

A bigger hater I have never seen on a message board.

Well, message boards personas and real life don't always add up. Junior seems alright on here, but I've met him in real life. :shame_on_you: Tragicomic dude who's worn-out the self destruct button and reduced himself to a cracked facsimile who can infuriatingly reveal glimmers of the real A**, but prefers to hide behind a colourful mask of drugs, booze, and Lil B mixtapes.

And he really does support Man U when I thought he just did that to wind me up.

I think that in the flesh, Dolo's refreshingly contrarian nature might be a little more mellow. Would be more interested in meeting a brazen villain than one of life's nice guys like Skel or somebody.

It's true, I'm not the man I used to be. These days most of my strut posts are ghostwritten by a small troop of school leavers who work hard at locating any content which isn't a mixture of bile and Based God evangelism.

I'd still love to meet Dolo but really I've found all the Strutters I've met in real life to be great company (even Duder) and have no doubt that any others I met up with would be as well.

Would still like to put a few faces to names from the UK contingent which hopefully we can do this summer but would also love to meet some more of the overseas contingent (european, american/canadian and rest of the world) starting with the honorary brits obviously. In fact love to meet anyone who can spare me the price of a coffee so holler.

• come to the Twin Cities, and i'd meet anyone of you

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Kala: Dude's something else...
    Soulhawk: I like his biting commentary
    Age: Guy seems to find hot shit consistently and a friend of my dude J***e (spirit_santo), who I have also yet to meet.
    The Hook Up
    thesolelife: Twilight Zone fan, I see...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I wanna meet all the dudes who registered in 2003 and have less than 100 posts. Those guys are like the Dos Equis Guy and we are all Duff Man. Let's face reality here folks.

• The usual: Bassie, James, Doc McCoy and JRoot. I've been fortunate enough to meet many Strutteurs in my day.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    AGE: It's like we're brothers sometimes when we talk on the phone, i consider you family and you know if you ever make to the east coast you have a place to stay. Not only have we done a million trades we're alson musical partners, the EP is coming soon!!!

Tick-Tickler: Same as the above, i consider you an actual friend and you know my place is always availible if you make it out here.

Mike Zero: My favorite dude to trade with recently, always super fair and it seems like an all around great dude.

Rock: Seriously man, i would kill to have a weekend to go to TX and hit up all those HPB's w/ you, easily my favorite poster on here, plus our one and only trade was great and you were beyond fair (letting me set prices on unknown lp's)

Leo: How we've never met up to do some gospel raer trading is beyond me, this summer man, we've gotta do it!!!!

Otheer dudes who i have had no interactions (or minimal) with whom i'd like to meet.

Faux, Justin Torres, Dan Zacks, Amir, Drew Nice, Cool Chris.

peace,xavier

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    haze25 said:

Mike Zero: My favorite dude to trade with recently, always super fair and it seems like an all around great dude.

Mike is a really nice guy who happens to also have insane records.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Have met a number of you. Always been a pleasure.

I couldn't say who would be my top five but I have this feeling that Rock and I will meet someday. You can't have talked about bullshit as much as we have and not end up buying the guy a sarsaparilla at some point.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Instead of voting for the 100 best albums or whatever, we should vote for homecoming court.

• The_Hook_Up said:

...and breadwinner to see if I can see how I spark such nerd rage in him...and then make him even madder and watch him get all shaky and red. That would be fun.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Thanks for the love from those who communicated wishes to link up in the future. The feeling is mutual. I've had the pleasure of meeting quite a few 'Strutters over the years, and I intend on making connections with many more. You guys (and ladies) have become an invaluable part of my life, and I appreciate ALL of you for it. Thanks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Recent Soul Strut parlayisms visiting this woods neck of the woods.

on the run eatin' baguettes at the French Embassy with Big_Stacks

Regia, papusas, and 45's with Vinylstalker

• Damn, I look as faded as an old pair of jeans in that pic.
    Teh_Gaffler is that dude and may deserve an appreciation post here soon.

I wanna chop it up with Rock one day for sure.