APRIL FINDS

Comments

• planlessplanless 819 Posts

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    was touring in france & switzerland this weekend, pretty decent comeups.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    planless said:

Some really great tracks on that "Because I Am" LP.

• leonleon 883 Posts

Wow, still looking for that Palace Anthology, was that a field find?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Two Bolivian Psych-Prog 7"s from a trade. The Mandrill is a four song EP.

Rad equipment:

The singer was known as the Prog Iggy of Bolivia:

Cool Label:

This 50 de Marzo cut (Chapare) was apparently an anthem of sorts for the dozen or so Bolivian hippies of the time:

Both of these are awesome, btw, and the Mandrill seems to be unknown.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    It's called "Chapare?" That is the primary coca growing region for illicit consumption in Bolivia. I find that interesting and would love to hear these.

• Some Abilene finds and two mailbox finds. Hopefully Denver has some karma to offer me this weekend:

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    leon said:

Wow, still looking for that Palace Anthology, was that a field find?

yes, a one euro fleamarket find. i visit recordshops nowadays only to buy cds same goes for ebay.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    One other person has shown me that Mandrill record, but i cant remember who. Nice find.

spelunk said:
    One other person has shown me that Mandrill record, but i cant remember who.

At TIF?

• Cool Label:

Any chance to sound clips?

my ex-wife's family is from Bolivia, and an aunt gave me several of her old records...most on Lyra label. none are awesome in a psych/groovy/funk way. mostly trad. music like Cueca.

beatstew72 said:
    Cool Label:

Any chance to sound clips?

my ex-wife's family is from Bolivia, and an aunt gave me several of her old records...most on Lyra label. none are awesome in a psych/groovy/funk way. mostly trad. music like Cueca.

I'm out of town right now, I'll try and post some after the weekend. I feel like most of the records I see from Bolivia are on this label.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Found these today. All are damn near mint and were only $3 a piece. The Terry Callier's are doubles and today is my first time hearing the Ben E. King Lp and that thing is gonna be in my daily rotation for a minute. Such a great album, imo.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    dolla holla

finally clean copy of quicksilver

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    some new additions & a bunch of condition upgrades :D

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Damn Holmes, you really have sworn off LP's, you're a braver man then I.
    Knocked off some longtime wants, the Donna McGhee and the Ahvenlahti were all markered up , dropping the price by 2/3. Lighter fluid cut right through the ink.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    Lighter fluid cut right through the ink.

so does this "lighter fluid" get black marker off covers too?? do i put it on a rag and rub, rather than directly on the cover?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    Damn Holmes, you really have sworn off LP's, you're a braver man then I.
    not quite, I actually buckled & had a momentary lapse for a couple of LP lists last week. But I have definitely slowed down & don't plan on fully going back to LPs. Have started getting rid of a few LPs too.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    most of this came from one collector who was liquidating, got my mitts in there first. there were also healthy clean runs of early press well known rock titles (like early stones etc) , but i didnt want to 3 and 4 on titles that i already cant figure out why i 'need' my doubles of.

^^ the silhouette segments is the repress but even that has gotten hard to locate, for me anyway. the kimberlys mostly is bad, but i heard a few promising moods on it.

^^ the antone indian family is either mostly or all bad, but the cover called me

^^ the stockhausen on nonesuch is probably the easiest to find of these 4 but damn i think its the weirdest by far.

^^ couldnt resist a giant 16" record at the antique shop. anybody know what turntable can play these?

• Go April, Go
    Attached files #3.jpg" style="max-width:300px" /> #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" /> #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Last couple weeks...

mateo said:
    LoopDreams said:
    Lighter fluid cut right through the ink.

so does this "lighter fluid" get black marker off covers too?? do i put it on a rag and rub, rather than directly on the cover?

Yes, though you'll get varying results with different records and different inks, so be very careful at first. With these I let the lighter fluid sit on the record for a little, like 15s, then wiped gently with a cloth. You can still see where the radio call letters were on the Poet LP, but nothing like what it was.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    yugoslavia finds:

balleur disco

modern soul/boogie

you know this one already i guess

• beatstew72 said:

good come up on the Lewis connection!

if you want to sell, holla!

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    Utrecht finds:

First time I went to the Utrecht fair and I must say that it was amazing/crazy. So much super rare records in the same place. I was able to scratch some long time wants of the list. Most of these are trades.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    LoopDreams said:

Knocked off some longtime wants, the Donna McGhee and the Ahvenlahti were all markered up , dropping the price by 2/3. Lighter fluid cut right through the ink.

Ha -- looks like that's where my Ahvenlahti ended up. Enjoy!

I actually turned up some interesting stuff in Maui -- got sealed copies of some classic ish all for a buck a piece (Cat Stevens, David Crosby, Carole King) and a minty still in the shrink Dusty in Memphis as well some weird local oddball stuff that I'm amped to hear.

If anyone makes it to Maui anytime soon, there's pretty much one record store on the whole island in one of the small towns. Wanted to take a picture of the basement and post it -- it was one of those images of little light, no walking space and grime where you can smell the mildew just looking at the photo ----- wall to wall records though.

Alas, I didn't have the patience or the energy, and I was with the lady.....on vacation no less. Couldn't hack it. Sure there's some rad stuff in there, if anyone every makes it out lemme know!

Hey, that's cool.... super duper fantastic lp thanks a mill.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few things I found at an antique store yesterday.