Cold Grits- It's Your Thing

uttersutters 321 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Why is it so hard to find this?

On Atco, there must have been a shitload of copies pressed?

I haven't EVER come across it, even on eBay

admittedly I am in the UK, so, y'know

Comments

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    ah, promo only. maybe not so many copies pressed then

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i got a promo copy off ebay last year pretty cheap. seek and you shall (eventually) find!

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    i've had it as a saved search on eBay for like, my entire life though!

same as Head West S/T

Overseas listings don't trigger saved searches, if the seller won't ship worldwide

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    It was all over ebay last year. One of the ebay sellers I buy from sold 2 or 3 of them last year and pretty cheap considering the raerity of it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    If you're just looking for a play copy, I believe it's included in this box set:

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/12644V.html

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    i've got the cd of that collection... and that 45 box set looks nice!

But I only buy OG :(

Now kanye's sampled it & cleared it (it's in the liner notes for twisted fantasy and everything) I bet it'll go up in price or some shit

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    utters said:
    i've got the cd of that collection... and that 45 box set looks nice!

But I only buy OG :(

In the exact opposite vein, I bought the 45 box, and if I remember correctly, gave my worn OG to the dude Lambert. 'Cause I'd rather have a better-playing copy.

• stratasphere said:
    It was all over ebay last year. One of the ebay sellers I buy from sold 2 or 3 of them last year and pretty cheap considering the raerity of it.

yea this was around the time i finally sorted myself out with this. also took me years to find.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    This was a tough find for me too. I had it on my ebay RSS feed for years and it rarely turned up. Eventually I got lucky and got one for cheap. Just one of these records you have to be patient with and eventually it'll find you.

• besides for the break i find this 45 boring, i sold my copy about two years ago on ebay and only got around $30 bucks for it

• besides for the break i find this 45 boring, i sold my copy about two years ago on ebay and only got around $30 bucks for it

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    goodwill_hunting said:
    besides for the break i find this 45 boring, i sold my copy about two years ago on ebay and only got around $30 bucks for it

It's an okay version, but I prefer the Dennis Coffey version to this one.

• On a semi related note, if anyone needs a George Semper IYT...holleur

• yes, the drums are heavy on this, but flip the fucker over, my friends! a serious version of Bring It On Home is the winner on this 45.

• I second the endorsement of the flip side.

A few years ago I was lucky and scored my copy on ebay really cheap because the name of the band was misspelled --- who wants some cold girts?

• utters said:

Actually non-promo stock copies were released. I caught one a few years back.

• utters said:

Actually non-promo stock copies were released. I caught one a few years back.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    goodwill_hunting said:
    besides for the break i find this 45 boring

Yes. Yes.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    luck said:
    goodwill_hunting said:
    besides for the break i find this 45 boring

Yes. Yes.

you mean there's an actual SONG after the drum break?