Dope Christmas gifts aka What Did You Get?

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
My goddaughter's (aka Daze' daughter) gift to me:

(Daze made this for her but for me.)

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    my father had a really good year with the stock market. he gave me some money to invest in a business venture.

oh and my aunt & uncle gave me some butter cookies.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Braun Electric Razor
    Device to convert cassettes to MP3's
    "I Am Baba Booey" hard back version
    Medical grade bud.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    My Mom surprised me with these vintage Pioneer CS-63DX speakers

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A razor / clipper set.
    Video Camera
    Digital Camera
    and some cash from my parents & God-mother.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    My lady got me this, a long-time want:

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    white_tea said:

I got one of those, too--so stoked!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    white_tea said:

Got my wife this in green along with 3 other Le Creuset pieces.....she like.

• i got a really dope 3M respirator (for painting teh graffiti), the Brother Ali (The Undisputed Truth) double LP, some cash from the family, i oddly got 2 pillows cases with 1200's silkscreened on em (pretty dope as well) some clothes from "the roots store" and about 2 weeks ago i bought myself an early gift i got my first MPC a insanely clean and minty 2000, which are oddly hard to come by in my neck of the woods, came with an omega zip drive so i am good to go.

got some tools for around the new house (hedge cutters and stuffs) a wicked nice heater for my 10x12shed/art studio...and my girlfriend and i give each other christmas stockings, mine was full o candy and spray paint caps.

had a good christmas and this year marks my bro's 5th yr that his cancer has been in remission..

• Rockadelic said:
    Le Creuset

^^ the real deal!

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    very happy to have these for the collection:

• onetet said:

Nice!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I got the original press of this on Christmas Eve (real world finds related), along with a nice grip of other rare calypso 45s. The below youtube is the Colombian bootleg. Feliz Navidad me!

Also, some dude had a yard sale on christmas eve right on Telegraph Ave that I hit up on my way to Whole Foods to get stuff for a holiday party, and I scored a bunch of rare reggae 45s.

For actual presents, I got a nice leather bomber jacket from my girl, electric razor (a popular gift around these parts I see), and some custom curtains crafted from handmade Turkish textiles from my moms.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Jewelery holder for my bling. Much better than the pushpins I was using to hang necklaces.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I received:

-Some clothes (courtesy of the in-laws).
    -A shitload of records courtesy of a trip to Good Records with wifey (she knows the key to my heart).
    -A replica drumset decorative piece for my music room (courtesy of wifey).
    -Some music CDs from my brother and his family.
    -Some loot from ma dukes.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• My wife and I bought this for each other.

• a few sweet soul 45's, old school local hockey jerseys, camera and film, books, dress clothes, and groceries, all presents from myself, nothing cool from the family

• CousinLarry said:
    My wife and I bought this for each other.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    The iPad I am using to post right now
    Socks

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    Now I see why there are so many double posts

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

best (indoor)shoes ever!! These are so so comfortable.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Medical grade bud.

Texas legal now?

• -beginners herb garden
    -guide to growing random herbs
    -remote thermometer for knowing temps of meat on the grill while I'm still inside
    -a few bones to put towards the purchase of new decks and sound equipment
    -but..... best gift award goes to my girl who bought me a Wii w/ Wii resort! We set it up and she then proceeded to beat me at both bowling and basketball....back to back. Gonna tighten up my game once my move in is truely complete, plus I went out and got Golden Eye and Star Wars: The Force Unleased 2 yesterday. Can't wait to shred with the force.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    The Twilight Zone - the entire series on DVD
    A couple of Graham Green short story books
    2011 Guinness Book Of World Records
    2 Best Buy gift cards ($25 each, I think)

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Most expected gift from wife: Sharon Jones & Dap Kings 7-inch box
    Least expected gift from wife: 400-thread count sheets (apparently she did not get the memo that I was responsible for the sheets; she got the 500-thread count Thomas Lee jernts from moi)
    Most surprising gift from the wife's parents: Decoded by Jay-Z
    Gift that keeps on giving (from brother-in-law): 2-year Wax Poetics subscription
    Gift we wanted the most but did not get: Wife's mom to be out of the hospital. She's been in since 12/13.

Merry Christmas Soulstrut!
    JRoot

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    most predictable gift was a couple of achingly dull ECM CDs from my Dad. Background music for retirees

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Burns said:
    Rockadelic said:

Medical grade bud.

Texas legal now?

I wish.

• my dog's xmas prezzies came in the mail today.

a coogi sweater and canada goose parka.

he's officially the illest thing on four legs.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Received from girlfriend the first two Wax Poetics anthologies. So necessary.

• Pretty cool cause its all her own handwriting, kinda like Cobain - Journals was.

• Bought a car while I was home so I had a lot of auto-r gifts.

- First aid kit
    - Air fresheners
    - Windshield scraper (midwest-r)
    - Car phone charger
    - Compass
    - One of those tie blankets that girls make from my sister with a cool Twins print
    - A shitload of Polo gear which I wasn't really expecting but has made me consider getting a new pair of Timbs and a bucket hat
    - That grandpa money